19: Family

Ever since what Nanook said I have been racking my mind to try to find the answer. Life is from B to D. Birth to Death. What does the C stand for. I shook my head in confusion.

"Ugh. I never going to figure this out." Min and Twyla walked in with a tray of food.

"What are you trying to figure out?" Min asked.

"Oh. Just a riddle that Nanook told me. He thinks that since I gave him a riddle that he still hasn't figured out yet, now he has to give me one. I REALLY CAN'T THINK OF ONE EITHER!" I explained.

"Don't tell me it's that one with B to D." Twyla smiled.

"Yeah. How did you know." she sighed and put her hands on her hips.

"He asked me the same one when we were little." she stated.

"WAIT! So you know the answer?" I asked.

"Well yeah."

"Please tell me." I pleaded. Min started to laugh.

"Don't try. I've been trying to get the answer out of her for months.

"So you have been asked too."

"Yup. Nanook does that. In a persons lowest times and then says that. Honestly I'm surprised he didn't do it before." she sighed.

"So then you know the answer Min." I assumed. To bad it was wrong.

"No. I still haven't figured it out." I fell back on the pillows.

"I'm doomed."

"Well it's not like you did the same thing. What makes you human? I still haven't figured that out." Min scratched her head. Twyla agreed.

"Well don't try. I don't the answer myself."

". . . . WHAT?!"

"Yeah. I asked to find the answer. Not teach a lesson like Nanook."

"So we've been trying to find the answer to a riddle that has no answer." I smiled. I guess that's right.

"Anyway. Here's your food." she placed the tray down and I started to eat. They all laughed as we talked over everything. I was kind of happy that they didn't pry on me talking about my suicidal thoughts. They just asked how my old life was like and I asked theirs. To pass the time we all started to pass around questions. Twyla pulled a water bottle from her purse with a smile.

"What is that for?" I asked.

"Were going to play a game." Min replied happily. They sat on the floor and I got up and sat with them.

"What's the game?" I tried to get the details.

"Spin the bottle but with asking a question. Then you answer truthfully. Here let me show you." Twyla spun the bottle and it landed on Min.

"Min. What is your Birthday?" she asked.

"January 8." she replied. Then Min spun the bottle and it landed on Twyla.

"Twyla. Do you have a crush on anyone?"

"Not at the moment. Forever single." she spun and it landed on me.

"Hanta. Do you prefer math or reading?" she asked.

"Reading Duh." I answered. I spun the bottle and it landed on myself. I looked at them.

"Now what?" I asked. They looked down and then to each other.

"You ask a question and then answer it." I put my finger to my chin. Huh. What would I ask myself?

"Well, what would you guys want to know?" I asked. They started to think too.

"How are you related to the queen and king?" my eyes widened and Twyla's question. They wanted to know my family bonds. I closed my eyes and crossed my arms. Well. I guess I can tell them the truth, but that would peek their interests on my real parents and then that would be their next question. The bottle can land on three option. Twyla, Min, and I. So a 2/3 chance that I will not come up again. Not very low if you ask me. Especially that I have proven my luck is not the best. What should I do? What should I do?

"Hanta." I felt them shake my shoulders.

"Oh sorry. Did I space out?" they smiled at me.

"Come on, tell us the answer. How are you related." they pried. I sighed.

"They are my adoptive parents." I mumbled so quiet that they could not make out any words.

"What?" Twyla asked.

"They are my adoptive parents." I said louder and more clearly. They looked at me.

"Really?" Min added. I nodded.

"What kind of parents are they?" I shrugged.

"They are good parents. They strive for my protection and will do anything to keep me safe. That is why I was sent here actually." I smiled at the thought of my old self with bunny in my hand.

"Were they the ones that gave that stuffed bunny to you?" Twyla asked me. I froze. Did I have to answer that one. Can't they just ask simple questions. I looked down sadly.

"No. That was my biological mom and dad." I stated. They looked angry with themselves.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realise that. Sorry I asked." Twyla apologized.

"No. I have to get over it someday. They are gone. Even if the queen and king will never be my parents."

"Really. Is that so." I heard a voice from the doorway and turned to see the king. I looked down to the floor. Mom stood behind him. They both starred at me.

"I'm sorry." I stated. A tear rolled down my face, and then that turned to a full out cry. Are they mad at me. I almost killed my friends, teachers, and the innocent. My mom walked behind me and patted me on the back.

"Hanta. Even if we are never going to be your real parents, does not mean we will never be your family. We love you. No matter what." she said. I turned and hugged her. The king came out from behind us and hugged us too.

"Wait. Why are you here?" I asked.

"Your friends called us and said that you were having troubles with your magic. I guess taking Bunny from you wouldn't have helped anyway." I smiled and hugged them tighter.

"No. But I still love you."

----------------
That was a very interesting chapter. This one goes to GemHope for the new ship name - Hanook.