16: Greedy Men

The barrier of sunlight fell as I fell to the ground. The blood was coming at high speeds and nothing could stop that. Zurola and Sakura gasped.

"Hanta! What the hell did you do?!" Zurola yelled. I looked at my wrist and watched as the blood poured out. I held my hand out with my wrist pointed to the floor.

"I will never be anyone's puppet, and I will no longer be a danger." I said. The ice knife came infront of me and I smiled. Thanks to my powers I can be free. I can out do death. Maybe I can finally atone for the sins that I have committed. The death of my parents. And the death of the strangers that got dragged into it. I started to see black dots that started to cloud my vision. I fell back and Sheila ran to me.

"Just let me die. . . . so my family can finally rest in peace." I said to her. I want to die. To be with mom and dad.

*Back Flash*

It was a cold december day.  Tomorrow's christmas and my father and I were sitting next to a building begging for some money. I watched as a santa claus across the street rang his bell and people just put money in the bucket. People are so greedy when it comes to christmas. They never even think of the people who can't have a tree and a house full of gifts.

"Could you spare some change?" my father asked.

"Sorry. I don't have any." the lady said in response. Then she kept walking.

"Daddy. I'm cold." I said as I shivered. He took off his coat and wrapped it around my back.

"Here. I'm hot blooded anyway." he smiled. I nodded then stood.

"I promise that I will some money today." I said and walked down the street.

"Hanta. Stay where I can see you." he said. I looked back and waved.

"Don't worry. I will get something nice." I said and then walked off. I first when up to a guy who was drinking some coffee and talking on a phone outside of a caffe.

"Could you spare some change?" I asked. He looked down to me and then sneered.

"Can't you see I'm on the phone." I bowed my head.

"Apologies." I said. Why do people with houses always do that. Just because they have a job dose not mean that they need to be so greedy. I thought and continued on not thinking of what my father told me. I looked into the window of a shop and saw a puppy sitting alone away from his brothers and sisters. The puppy saw me and then walked up to my hand as I placed it on the glass.

"You understand me right?" I asked. He yipped and I smiled. I walked on and looked for more people who could give some cash to me. I stopped at a toy store and looked through the window. A lady stopped and smiled at me. I waved and came in.

"Do you have some money?" I asked her.

"What for?" she asked.

"My father, mother, and I are trying to get some for christmas presents. I would like to get them something good." I explained. She put her finger to her chin and looked around.

"Well. Let's see." she said. She walked through the shelves and picked up a pocket knife with a bird printed on the side.

"How about this. It could be useful." she smiled.

"But I don't have any money." I told her.

"Merry Christmas. Now lets find something for you mom." she said. I nodded and looked around. I saw a pretty bracelet. On it, it had writing that said, To those I love. I smiled and picked it up.

"This one!" I exclaimed. She smiled and held out her hand which held a five dollar bill.

"Have a merry christmas. Don't worry. I'll pay for the presents."  she told me. I nodded and went outside with the things in hand. I examined the knife as I walked. Then a hand came down and took it.

"This knife sucks!" he yelled and through it onto the ground. It sank into the snow now invisible. He pushed me and then walked away not noticing the bracelet in my pocket. I dug through the snow with bare hands and I tried to find it. I finally did and I dusted the snow off it. I stuck it in my pocket and walked back to my father. I smile and held out the five dollar bill.

"Where did you get that?" he asked.

"The lady down at the toy store. She let me have it as a christmas present." I told him leaving out the part of the kid and the fact she bought me those things anyway. First we went to the store and bought a pack of hotdogs to roast over our fire. I went back to our little shelter by the highway with father and we went into mothers "fort." We all lived in little wood boxes that we scrapped around with a couple blankets and one pillow. My mom was cleaning some snow off the fort.

"How's my wife doing?" my father asked.

"Fine."

"How's Noel been doing?" he asked touching my mom's belly.

"I'm not do for a few more weeks love." she said. He shrugged.

"I'm going to have a new baby sister!" I exclaimed. My parents both smiled.

"We brought back some hotdogs for supper." he said pulling out the pack. Tomorrow is christmas and I finally have a present to give to mom and dad. All thanks to one girl with a little spirit. Maybe people aren't so greedy. Or so I thought.

------------------
I'm going to cut that back flash in half. So I was out of ideas and then I thought, I NEVER SAID HOW HER TRUE PARENTS DIED. Stupid me. Anyway i'm supposed to have a snow storm and it's supposed to knock out all power and wifi in he next couple days. Looks like it's back to board games and roasting food over the fire place. Luckily we have the fire place to keep warm. Anyway wish me luck for my sanity.

Word Count: 1050