17: Greed Kills

I woke up and my mom and dad were still asleep. Obviously my parents told me to not be snooping around on Christmas or Santa won't come. Common parents. Anyway I was so excited that I couldn't even sit still. My hands fumbled together, and then I heard my parents shift. They woke up and I jumped.

"Mom! Dad! Let's go!" I said as I went outside. They woke up with a smile even though I could tell that they were tired. I bounced up and down to our fire spot. They sat down and passed me a box. I smiled and pulled out there gift before I took the box.

"Sorry that they're not wrapped. I couldn't find any boxes." I told them. My dad took the knife and examined it. My mom looked at the necklace engraving.

"Where did you get the money to these?" My father asked. I told the about the girl and how she gave me the gifts. They smiled and then handed me the gift once again. My hands wrapped around it and I tore into the box. Out I pulled a stuffed bunny. It was brown with lopped ears and button eyes. I snuggled it into my arms. 

"Thanks mom. Dad. Hey can I go out and play? I'll try to bring back some cash." They both nodded and I ran off with my bunny. Bunny was so cute and special to me. I was walking with her when that guy from earlier with the knife incident was walking and talking to his friends. I bumped into him and I fell back.

"I'm sorry." I said. He was obviously mad and I looked up to him. He slapped me in the face. I felt tears come into my eyes. 

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" he yelled at me. 

"Why did you hit me?" I asked.

"Because kids are so stupid! Why would anyone want to be responsible for you evil monsters?!"  he yelled. 

"A monster? . . . . YOU USED TO BE A LITTLE KID TOO!" I screamed.

"Yeah, but I acted like a grown up. You're just a snotty little brat that still carries a toy!" he yelled grabbing Bunny and throwing her into the icy road. I screamed and ran into it without another thought. When I got there a car was rounding the corner. I picked her up and saw the car. I tried to turn and run but slipped on the ice. I had tears in my eyes and the car kept coming. I heard the brakes slam but they slid on the ice. The car was suddenly stopped by the ice now melting into water and forming into a large ice wall in front of me. The car smashed the ice but, then smashed into some kind of invisible wall right next to me. That man from before took out a gun and pointed it at me.

"YOU ARE A MONSTER!" he yelled. 

"W-What?!" I said. My father and mother both ran up to me. My mom stood in front of me and my father stood next to her. 

"What do you think your doing? A person using magic is not a new concept." My mom said. 

"She used TWO kinds of magic! Not to mention she is such a little kid!" he yelled. I stood up. 

"Babies turn to kids. Kids turn to teens. Teens turn to adults. Adults turn to elders. Elders turn to ghosts. Who are you to act this way to a kid." I said standing. He saw my mom's belly.He changed the point to her.

"Will you die for your friends and family?!" he exclaimed. The sound of metal as it clang on the cement sounded as it dropped to the ground. The man then started to choke. He started to slowly rise in the air with his hands on his throat. I chuckled. 

"No . . . But I will kill for them." I replied. He choked unable to breath. "Mess with me? I'll let Karma take it's course. Mess with my family? I BECOME karma." I advised. My hair started to change from it's original brown color to my new ash silver. My eyes were now blue instead of brown. Then suddenly I sensed something from behind. I turned to see a rock coming my way. I grabbed it and looked on the chain that was around it. The necklace that I gave my mom was tangled with it. 

"To those I love." That is what I forgot this whole time. The man dropped to the ground. Mom and Dad stood there looking at me. I looked to the man and then to the ground. My silver hair fell over my eyes and I held bunny close to my chest. 

"Daddy. Mommy. I - I'm sorry." I sobbed. My mother hugged me and my dad did the same. Then a gunshot was fired. I screamed as my mom coughed up blood. She fell to the ground and my dad turned to only get shot in the chest. I looked at him.

"You. You killed them." I said.

"Shit! I missed the witch!" He cursed. My fist balled up.

"YOU KILLED THEM!" I screamed. He looked at me.

"So?" he asked. My eyes widened.

"You just committed murder." I growled.

"It's only murder when someone who matters is killed." he told me. Tears started to roll down my face.

"They mattered. They were the kindest, sweetest, most amazing people in the world. Your just a murderer, a rotten man, who has no heart." I said. The knife that I got my father levitated out of his pocket and came in front of me. After that is quickly flew to the man and stopped right in front of his eye.

"Y - You wouldn't." he stuttered. What? Now he was scared. Who the hell is this guy!?

"You sure." I challenged.

"You can get arrested for murder." he commented. Then I felt a smile creep on my face.

"Don't worry. It's only murder when someone who matters is killed. Right?" Then the knife stabbed into his skull.
------------------
Sorry. That took longer then I thought to publish. I hope that you guys kept reading this far and a thank you to those who did. Please comment. I do love them. So have fun till the next time.

Word Count: 1058