Chapter 6 - performing

*jessie*

It had been two months now since I told danny. things had got worse, he won't talk to me, he glares at me! he accuses me of staring at him.mark has been really nice though. I don't think Danny likes mark being nice to me...

The thing with Milly has got worse as well. I can't do anything right. I've started singing though. not to anyone, just to myself. I find it relaxing and peaceful. I carry a note book around so if I get any song lyric Ideas I can remember them. I'm working on a song called price tag, well that's what I think it would be called... so far I have,

Seems like everybody's gotta price
I wonder how they sleep at night
When the sale comes first and the truth comes second
Just stop
For a minute and smile
Whys everybody so serious
Acting so dam mysterious
Gotta shades on ya eyes and ya heels so high
That you can't even have as good time

Everybody look to their left
Everybody look to their right
Can you feel that 'yeah'
We're playing with love tonight

It's not about the
Money
Money
Money
No we don't need ya
Money
Money money
We just wanna make the world dance
And forget about the price

It's not amazing and it's not finished but who knows maybe I'll become a star one day, doubt it though. aha can you imagine me up on stage in front of thousands of people? phew! fuck off!

I'm standing out side music now, waiting for my music teacher to arrive.

Mr brook: come on last one in comes from Ipswich!

We all laughed and ran in. mr brook doesn't like Ipswich and always makes jokes about them. we find a seat and sit in a circle.

Mr brook: right today you have 30 minutes to finish off your pieces and then we will be hearing some...

We all got up and spread to our places round the room. everyone else was in groups of about 3-4s. I weren't though, I just wanted to practice and be alone. I decided to write the rest of my song, I'm sticking with the name price tag. it's not amazing, just a draft but it would do for a level. I've added a sorts rap thing in it to, I think it fits...

I mess about on the piano, trying to get the chords right. it takes awhile but I finally get four basic chords. i practice it over a few times before we were called back to the middle.

Me brook: right um danny, no, yeah Danny pick someone in the class who you would like to perform their piece...

I'm just sitting there with my head down, Mumbling not me, not me over and over to my self, I was praying so hard right now.

Danny: um let me see jessie? yeah jessie let's see what you've got!

He smirked at me, he must think I'll be shit, but to be honest I properly will be.

Mr brook: ok jessie please come to the front and set up...

I nervously got up and picked my screwed bits of paper up and walked to the front. I shakerly sat down.

Jess: ur in so ur, I know we were meant to cover someone else's song but I've decided to do a song I've written. it's not perfect but heyho...

I took a deep breathe and began....

Seems like everybody's got a price,
I wonder how they sleep at night
When the sale comes first
And the truth comes second.
Just stop for a minute and smile

Why is everybody so serious?
Acting so damn mysterious?
Got your shades on your eyes
And your heels so high
That you can't even have a good time