chapter 92 - stay for me.

*Jessie*

I ran towards the door as fast as I could,

Jess: CLAIR!!!!

I wrapped my arms round her.

Clair: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Jess: oh my god! I can't believe you're here!

She smiled and hugged me again.

Clair: right, 27 hour flight... I need a drink!

I laugh and we walk to the bar.

Clair: two vodka shots please...

She spun round and handed me one.

Jess: oh no no, Im not drinking-

She gave me a 'shut up and drink it' look. I laughed

Clair: 1-2-3!

I threw the shot back and the poison ran down my throat and warmed my chest. We both winced and put the glasses down.

Jess: oh I've missed you Clair!

Clair: I've missed you too... but when Danny told me you were having a party, I couldn't get a on a plane quick enough! It's been years since I saw Danny, so you and him? *wink*

Jess: I don't know, it's complicated...

Clair: oh yeah, I forgot it's so complicated when two people really love each other and just keep trying to find reasons not to get together...

She spun round with another shot, I took it and she necked it. She's right it's not complicated. I love him. That's all there is too it.

Clair: you ok?

Jess: y-yeah... would you excuse me?

Clair: sure, but come back soon we have so much catching up to do...

I put the shot down and gave her a smile. I looked about and couldn't see Danny anywhere.

Jess: holly?

Holly: yes babe?

Jess: w-where'd Danny go?

Holly: um, he said hi and that he was going back to the hotel...

Jess: ok, um, I'll be back soon-

Holly: wait you can't leave- or are you going to sort it out?

Jess: I'll be back, I need... I need to see him!

She smiled and I picked my bag and jacket up and left. I walked and walked back to the hotel. I would have got a cab but I needed to clear my head. I finally get back and walk to the elevator. I go to my room first. I stood at my kitchen counter.

The present Danny got me sat there. I pulled it closer, I undid the car and a note fell out. I undid it and started to read it.

Note:

Im sorry for a lot of things, but most of all I never got the chance to tell you that, not matter what happens next, I'll never be anything but grateful for every moment I spent with you. And even though I keep fumbling for the right words, all I wanted to say was thank you.

Thank you for your tender love, you'll never ever know how happy you made me and how much I love you. Im sorry I couldn't make you happy. And could never earn your trust. Or take the time to show you how beautiful you are in a summer day. Im sorry that lies have bound us apart once more. But I hope you know my memories of you will forever remain with me.

Im leaving jess. Im sorry.

Danny xxx

p.s. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and like your presents.