Aftermath

Yami's P.O.V.

         A few hours after Yugi collapsed, he could be roused by a quick splash of water from a river close by. As soon as he was roused, a small sheepish smile apread across the small face of his. The amethyst eyes glinted.

         "I passed out again. Didn't I. It seems to happen very often on this adventure," he said, his small cherubic face wet with small drops of moisture. I nodded.

         "Darn it! I guess my energy is being spent too much. I'll guess I'd have to admit this anyway," he rolled over and summoned his wings. They glimmered in the now fading sunlight. But Yugi stared at the left one, and eventually it started to melt. I stared at it in shock.

         "Wha!? I said, and then the melting stopped to reveal a pitch black wing with golden dusting. It was a wing of a Yami no angel. Yugi smiled weakly.

         "A little thing I was born with. My father was the Yami no Prince. Heba and I were the only ones who had it. Atem never had it, and your wings would have emerged with the problem on the first try. So, Heba and I were special. Anyway, mom used to sustain it, but she...passed to an illness, and...well, I had to sustain it. Add that to the mental strain I'm going through now...it's difficult. If two misscoloured wings were accepted, I'd be fine. But...it ain't. So..." he said, cutting himself off. I ran over and hugged him without a second thought.

       "It doesn't matter what your wings look like. It matters what you act like. You are great," I said. He clutched me tighter.

         "Thank you. You are so supportive. You are amazing," he said, and blushed. A bright smile flickered across his face. And then he frowned. "How did I get back to camp?"

         "I brought you back from the clearing. You were passed out, so you couldn't walk," I said, helping him get up. He smiled wanly and hugged me.

         "Thanks Yami. There shouldn't be anymore faints anymore. I love you," he said, and fell asleep in my arms. I held him protectively, and made sure the last words he said before losing consious was "I love you, Aibou."

***********************************

         Should I stop ending these like this? I just feel I'm ruining the moment. Anyway, vote and comment! Bai!
~Puzzleshipping44