Memory 5 Part 3: Redemption Hill

Normal P.O.V.

         It was the first battle in the war that would change history. They were fighting the battle that would be known as 'the Battle of Kairensenza'. Judai and Yugi stood at the front of an army. Their shields were held in front of them, and bright silver and gold armour shone on the bodies of their army.

         The demons lined up, along with their creatures of darkness. They held bright Iron weapons and all had pitch-black armour. And they all carried no shields. Actually, it was a weakness of the demons. They believd that they fought so well that they didn't need shields.

         A silence went over the battlefield as Yugi and Judai went over to the center of the field. The general of this squad also went up (with backup). It was a man that had been imprinted in Yugi's mind forever. He had blond hair that spread into a pair of vicious sideburns. In other words, he was Rafael.

         "Rafael." Yugi said. He held Alfysteria up a bit, drawing the blades.

         "Yugi." Rafael said, bringing out an iron katana.

         "I didn't expect you to fall. Of all the angels, you seemed to not hold grudges. When did that change?" Yugi got into his fighting stance.

         "I never forgot what you told me. 'We tricked you guys into a civil war'. It didn't leave my mind. Well, I got so mad at you that I dealt with a small hatred. And then you turned out to be so perfect! Cunning, intellegent. And when it was revealed that you had been the princes of Gyreon, I became defensive, and angry. And eventually, I became a demon," Rafael said, getting into a defensive position. Yugi nodded and slowly ran over, swords behind him, ninja style. Rafael flung his katana up just in time to stop a sudden swing.

         The swings slowly got faster, and their voices got louder. Yugi suddenly thought up a song that might help. So he sang as he pushed Rafael back.

A god of death with sorrowful eyes speaks,
'Are you the one who will save me?'
You feel pain from darkness you never wished for,
Even this appearance is hideous...

The girl shines like the sun;
she stands still,
And holds out her hand,
Smiling as she speaks,
'It's alright,
I shall take on your darkness,
And change your form into a bird,

'You can fly free; go anywhere you wish in the sky,
And if you have no destination in mind,
You can come with me,'

The white bird flaps it's wings,
Following her.

Many more are waiting to be saved from their darkness,
And the girl reached out to all of them,

Accompanied with a sky of white birds,
The girl's figure was as black as night,
Her body had been consumed by darkness,
And at last, she used up the last of her strength,
And began to turn cold.

The grieving birds consume her darkness,

And in the sky filled with black birds,
You sparkle a bright gold,
You are Soleil.

         Yugi seemed to cry as he sang and the song, and Rafael seemed to change as they fought and Yugi sang.

         His eyes went from the bright gold to the normal bright blue they were when he was a kid. His wings went from a leathery, pitch-black, to a feathery, black and gold colour. His armour went into the gold colour of the Yami no armour.

         "Rafael, you have always seemed to be so inspiring, so amazing, so bright. And I always looked up to you. So why would you be angry at me, you were always the best at everything!" Yugi said, looking at Rafael hopelessly. He shealthed Alfysteria and stared up at Rafael, tears glinting in his eyes.

         "You...you looked up to me?" Rafael said, amazed. Yugi nodded. Rafael raised his blade, now a bright gold, and sheathed it. "Thanks Yugi. Now, let's defeat this pitiful excuse for an army!"

         Yugi unseathed Alfysteria, and together, they defeated the Demon army in the battle of Redemption Hill. 

***********************************

         Yugi and Rafael walked over to the sickbay, where thousands of angels were lying, wounded and dying. Ryou scurried around, healing as many as possible. Judai walked over, his arm in a cast. He had broken it after taking an arrow through said arm, hitting the bone and breaking it. Judai smiled as they walked over, holding his available hand out in greeting.

         "You must be Rafael. I'm Judai," he said. Rafael shook Judai's hand.

         "Pleasure to meet you, Judai," Rafael said, smiling. Yugi grinned, and then looked at his watch. He looked at his watch, shocked, and pulled them to the stage.

         "Come on! It's almost time for our performance!" He said. Judai and Rafael laughed, and ran after Yugi's receeding figure as he ran towards the stage.

***********************************
Yugi's P.O.V.

         I collapsed, sobbing. Judai had died in the next fight. However, I had seen a cat around his body as he died. And I had seen a flash of light as the cat's regularily green right eye flash a bright gold before it disappeared into the forest. I sobbed in my huddle for a while. And when I had finally composd myself, I turned to Yami.

         "Come on. If we want to make the rendevous point,we got to get going. Now," I said, motioned towards him, and together, we walked off into the treeline.

***********************************

         Hi guys! Hopefully you liked this update. I decided to take out the meeting with the Sirens, and just stick to the plot. I mean, this is the 25 chapter. So, might be a good idea to do this.

         Anyway, hopefully I didn't keep you waiting for too long. I tried to update as fast as possible. And please note that this chapter is for new beginnings for all. As in, Rafael got a second chance. So all in all, hopefully there's a good moral. But enough of me. Vote and Comment!
~Puzzleshipping44