White Fang

Ryou's P.O.V.

         The next day, Malik came back to camp from surveying the grounds with Tryastos with the news that there were some bandits up ahead. Tryastos was disgruntled, and after he transformed back, he had that look like he had a secret plan. I always loved his devious plans. They were great.

         "Well, everyone knows the White Fang in these parts. He was a bandit uesd to live here before he was captured by the patrols. He was so notorious that he would kill his victims in the strangest way. So, the bandits ahead, when they see the White Fang, they'll either fight, or run," he said, and turned to look through his bag.

         "Wait. Was this how you and Marik got captured?" He asked, and Bakura nodded, and continued to search through his bag. Eventually, he found what he was looking for and drew it out. It was a black trenchcoat, and a small, golden ring similar to the one I had from my grandfather.

         "This ring will allow me to disguise myself. It always remembers which one I like the best, so hopefully it does the White Fang costume. Unfortunately, I haven't used it in forever, so I have no idea if it was reset or not," he said. And then he smiled grimly and shrugged. "Only one way to find out," he said, and placed the ring around his neck.

         Immediately, he had a pair of cat whiskers and fir on his face like a mask. His pupils grew a bright red, and his hands turned into claws. He was thoroughly terrifying to the untrained eye. However, if you are adjusted to Bakura, you would know this is a normal outfit for the ex-theif.

         "How do I look?" He asked, a slight hiss in his voice now. I looked at him. A small tail twitched behind his back.

         "Very terrifying to everyone who isn't adjusted to Bakura," I said. He nodded.

         "Good," he said, and then turned and stalked off into the forest. And then he stopped and turned to look at me once more. "See you when it's time to put on a show."

***********************************

         14 chapters. And we aren't halfway done. This might have been temporary insanity. Or this could be the best book in the series. Anyway, from boxing day to Wednesday, I won't be home. So don't expect updates. Vote/Comment.
~ Puzzleshipping44