Connections

Bakura and Ryou's P.O.V.

I just want to know one thing before we continue the story. Why the heck did you go over into that clearing in the first place?!

Because I thought I saw Amane.

Who the bloody Gatelderia is Amane?!

My sister!

When did you get a bloody sister!?

None of your buisness.

Anyway, we were walking in the woods (me perched on Ryou's shoulder, as I was tired), and Ryou decided to take a side adventure into the forest.

Really?

What!?

That is passive agressive and you know it!

Worth a try. Now, do you want to narrate the story, or can I?

You stole the mic again!

Not my fault! But back to the story at hand.

We walked through bush after bush, the rest of the gang following after me and the dazed Hikari.

Now I know that was a comment against me!

Calm, child. You are overreacting.

Just finish the story.

Eventually, we came to a big tree, with huge bows and a bunch of leaves. It had a whole clearing, and it shaded the whole thing alone.

And a small tugging sensation pulled on my brain. It felt strange, and I didn't know what it was. Until I heard Ryou's thoughts.

What do we do now? He thought, and he glanced around the clearing. I recoiled shocked, and he realized what happened.

Ryou? I asked. He nodded slowly.
This is the mythological tree Filappios. It joins all in it's presence with the one they love most. Actually, I'm surprised we found it. It's supposedly long-lost. He thought back. I nodded slowly, and looked around, trying to see the reactions of the others. It seemed that they had had the same reaction as we had. Only they didn't know what happened.

"Come on, we better get going. We can't be late at our rendevous," Ryou said, calmer than he was really. I could tell now. But Ryou simply scooped me up and we walked back to the path.

         How can you be so calm about this stuff!! I asked him, bewildered.

         I'm not. But we have to get to Yugi. We'll deal with this when we make camp later. He said, this time looking at me while I stayed perched on his shoulder.

         You are really loyal, ya know that? I said, bristling. Ryou smiled, but didn't speak.

***********************************

         He held council around the campfire. He looked around the circle before starting.

         "You all know the story. You were connected by the Tree of Elders. You were joined at the mind by Fillapios," Ryou said, and the crowd exploded with questions.

         For those who aren't familiar with the myth, a summary: Fillapios was an angel with the rare Hikari magic Neurology. He could tell what a person was feeling, and could alter the mind. He was a trusted friend of Heba's before he betrayed him. In anguish, he turned Fillapios into a tree, and hid it from angels, demons and mortals for all eternity. He holds all his powers, and is able to fuse the minds of everyone in a delegation, even if they were far apart. Yugi and Yami will have their minds joined as well. We can't reverse this, so we have to learn to control it," Ryou said.

         That's what happened to Fillipios? I asked. Ryou nodded, but didn't reply. The others seemed to convese amogst themselves. Eventually, they all nodded, and stood up to talk to their mate. They went back to their tent to either practice the telepathy or to talk.

         Hopefully, we fare well over the next few days. And no disruptions appear Ryou said. And he got up too. And left.

***********************************

         Sorry this update took so long. I decided to change the whole chapter halfway through the writing stage. The way it was going didn't make any sense. I am glad that these chapters are getting longer. Well, not this one. But still. Anyway, the Bakura's want to talk to you, so I'll just sign off. Vote and Comment!
~Puzzleshipping44

         Hey guys, it's us! We found out Rescuing a Hero now has 1K reads for RAH. So thanks! We thank you all!
~Ryou Bakura and Florence Bakura