Triturn And The Ritual Of the Forest Of Memories (and maybe some time alone)

Yugi's P.O.V.

         We had finished our adventure. We had finished going through my memories. All we needed now was Triturn. And I knew who would give it to us. So, we headed for the person who would give us the gem. We headed for Solomon.

         As we neared his cave, we heard Solomon's bright voice. The voice seemed wise, yet had a springy youthful quality.

         As we entered we saw three images of the same person. On the left, there was a young boy, smiling brightly. The one in the middle was of a devious young man, a hat placed happily on his head and a toothpick in his teeth. His eyes had a deep, mischevious quality to them. The one on the right was an old, yet joyful, man. His soul was still young, but his body had aged. I smiled wide and ran towards the oldest one.

         "Grandpa!" I cried, and hugged the oldest one. The devious one laughed, the young child pouted (obviously jealous of the elder's newfound attention).

         "Yugi, my boy! How long has it been since you've seen your poor, old grandfather?" The elder asked. I pulled back, smiled and then looked over at the other two, and then, with obvious happiness, embraced the other two.

         "So, Yugi. Are you going to introduce me? Or do I get to watch as you hug your 'multi-aged' grandfather?" Yami asked, eyebrows raised. I smiled sheepishly and stepped back.

         "This is Solomon, or Father Time. He keeps dying and being reborn eveery year. The elder Solomon will soon be the baby Solomon, and it will shift down the line. But most of the time, we just ignore that fact. And grandpa, this is Yami, my fiancée and the King of the Yami nos," I said.

         "Yami. Pleasure to meet you!" Solomon said. "You can call me Grandpa. All of Yugi's friends do,"

         Yami smiled wide, and bowed to Solomon. Solomon bowed back, and then placed something into Yami's hand.

         "Here. I assume you guys came for Triturn. So, here it is. I mean, you did go through the forest for it. And I assume you know where the next gem for Alfysteria is?" Solomon asked. I nodded, and then he smiled, and motioned towards the small tunnel at the back of his cave. "You need to go through the ritual of the Forest of Memories still. This is the shortest passage," he said. Yugi nodded, hugged his grandpa, and motioned to the middle Solomon. He stood up and led us through the caverns.

         "Do you remember the ritual of the Forest of Memories, my boy?" Solomon 2 (man) asked. Solomon 1 (child) smiled.

         "Of course he does. After all, it involves a song. Yugi has never forgotten a song in his life!" Solomon one said. Yami seemed intrigued, but before he could ask, we had arrived at the final destination of our journey, the Cave of Knowledge.

         It is a beautiful cave: rich in life, it is more like an oasis than a cave, with bushes and trees surrounding a huge pond. A waterfall stems from a tree, which is large and spouts water from every branch, causing mini-falls.

         As Yami stood in awe, I knelt and took a bottle that had appeared at my feet. I smiled softly and reached into my bag, grabbing a pen. I quickly wrote something onto my message, stuffed it into a bottle, and started singing.

In a little port on the outskirts of town,
A young girl stands alone,
By the sea, there exsisted,
A tradition from before,

"Write your wish on a piece of parchment,
And place it in a little bottle,
If you let it flow with the sea, someday,
Your wish will come true."

Flow along, little glass bottle,
With a message containing a wish,
On the other side of the horizon,
There, it quietly disappears,

You always did everything for my sake,
All that I wanted, and yet,
I was always so selfish,
And troublesome to you,

You who grant my wishes,
Are no longer here,
Will my thoughts, on this sea,
Arrive at their destination?

Flow along little wish,
With tears and a little bit of regret,
When I had realized my sins,
It was always after everything was already over.

Flow along little glass bottle
With a message containing a wish,
On the other side of the horizon,
There, it quietly disappears,

Flow along little wish,
With tears and a little bit of regret,
If we were to be reborn...

         And pressing my face against the bottle, a few tears slipping out, I whispered something quiet. Something only me and the wish could hear.

         'It'll be nice if we become twins again'.

         And then I placed the message in the pond, and let it float over to the falls, where it silently disappeared under the torrent of water. And then, silently waving goodbye to the Solomons, I left with Yami, tears stinging my eyes. And Yami and I ended out on the beach.

         It was nighttime, with a cresent moon glinting in the stary sky. I sat down and wept openly, Yami kneeling beside, arm around my shoulder. And then I wept into his chest, finding comfort in his protective care.

         And when I calmed down, we sat side by side, on the edge of the beach. And we saw a small glass bottle float off into the horizon.

***********************************
~Puzzleshipping44