My Brother, My Protector

~~~~~~~~~~

Dejona

~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day for me to leave the hospital.

Sheldon has been helping me from the incident with my dad. I still can't believe he was gone, when i enter the gate to my house i stopped as the memories of what happened three day ago flash across my eyes.

"Are you okay?". Sheldon asked me snapping me out off my thoughts.

"Yeah". I said nodding my head as i continue walking up to the door.

We walked inside to see everything was still the same.

"Do you want anything to eat or tea perhaps?". Sheldon asked.

"Yea, tea sounds good". I said to him as he left to get my tea.

I don't know what got into him the other day why he was acting out. But now he seemed okay. He's been really nice to me since then.

A few minutes later he came back stirring the spoon in the cup.

He placed it in front of me and I sipped it in aw.

"Do you need anything else?". He asked.

"No not really". I said to him.

"You sure because you look sad". He said sitting beside me.

I sighed as my thoughts went to Cameron.

"Do you think Cameron really kill dad?". I asked him and he lowered him head.

"I really don't no, but i think he did it, from how he was acting all strange and jumpy". He said.

"I guess your right".

"Stop worrying darling". He said holding my hand.

"thanks". I said to him.

"For what?". He asked.

"For telling me that". I said to him.

"Your welcome". He said with a smile.

I'm glad he was back to normal.

I finished my tea in silence and in less than a second after i fell asleep.

********

"Dad!" i cried out.

"No".

"stop it".

"Mommy, help!". I yelled.

"Clive get off her, she's your daughter stop it". My mom yelled trying to get my dad off me.

"You think you have the power over me, I'm the man of this house". My dad snapped hitting my mom across her face with a bear bottle sending her flying to the ground.

She gasped as she looked back at me. Trying to cover the spot on her head that was split and bleeding with splinters of glass tucked in the wound.

My dad turned back to me and pulled away my clothes.

"Daddy stop it". I yelled crying my eyes out.

"Don't tell me what to do you little bitch". My dad hissed.

He grabbed me roughly and placed me on the dresser as he pulled down his pants.

Something then hit him from behind and he turned around angrily.

It was my brother Sheldon, my mom then grabbed his arm and stood in front him facing my dad.

"Your behind this huh! You betrayed me, I told you to stop picking up for these assholes". My dad said punching my mom in the wound she hand across her right eyes.

He kept punching her while my brother and I tried to pull him off but we were tiny compared to his figure.

He used his belt and slapped me across my face and I crumbled to the ground in pain.

My brother went after him again but he connected a punch to his face as well and continued on my mom.

"Clive!". My mom cried out.

I managed to gather all my strength and screamed like there was no ending.

"Dejona". I fell someone sock me hard.

I jumped up and pushed the person away.

"Hey, its me". Sheldon protested.

My cheeks were wet and tears were streaming down my face.

"Are you okay?". Sheldon asked sitting back on my bed.

I only nod my head before bursting into tears.

"I... I had a.. I had a nightmare". I managed to say to him.

"I know, you were screaming in your sleep". He said to me.

I calmed my breathing and looked at him.

"It was about dad". I told him and his face got serious. "Do you remember when i was 6 and you were 9 and dad hit us?".

"Yea, that piece of shit ruined my entire life from then, i can never forget that day Dejona, because that day he took the life of someone that cared for me, someone who loved me enough to take me in to there home". He said in a dry tone.

"I know, i hate him for it too, I'm not really glad that he's dead because he's my dad no matter what, but what he did to mom just broke me". I said and tears rolled from my eyes again and Sheldon bright me in to a tight hug.

*******

Okay so what did you think about this chapter?

It was painful and sad, i know.

I promise you it will get better.

Please vote and comment😢