#1- A Holiday Romance

A/N
Welcome to my new book! I hope you enjoy these imagines I've written and feel free to leave any feedback for improvement. :)

Y/N: Your Name
Y/F/N: Your Friend's Name
Y/O/F/N: Your Other Friend's Name
E/C: Your Eye Colour
----------------------------------------------------
~Two Years Ago~

"Oi, guys!" I heard my friend, Y/F/N shout from the other room in the hotel that we and our other friend, Y/O/F/N, were staying at.

"Yeah?" Y/O/F/N and I replied.

"Should we go out tonight? It's our first night in Ireland, maybe we can go down to the pub?" They suggested.

Oh dear.

I haven't told my friends that I don't drink, mainly because I know what alcohol can do to some people and it brings back horrible memories.

My father was a violent alcoholic and used to abuse myself and my mother until one night he went out to the pub and he never returned. He had been involved in a road collision, whilst under the influence of alcohol, and he killed a family of three. I don't feel sad. I don't miss him. He deserves to rot in hell for being so selfish and for taking three innocent lives away.

I don't want want to become that...

Every time we go out now I always have to act hammered or lie about what's in my cup. I haven't told them mainly because I don't want to be the party pooper, I don't want to spoil their fun and I don't want to tell them because I know what their reaction would be; "alcohol affects everyone differently" or "one drink won't hurt" or "you're not your father".

"Sure," I replied.

We arrived at the pub down the road, called 'The White Stallion' and my friends made a beeline to the bar.

"You guys carry on, I'll order in a minute, I'm just going to the loo," I informed my friends. They gave me a thumbs up in return.

I returned from the toilet to see that they had got lost within the sea of people. I ordered a Diet Coke and nothing else and sat on a stool at the bar. I took a sip of the ice cold drink and scanned the room looking for my friends. The pub was completely packed with mostly drunk men with a pint in their hand and women all sitting along a stretched seat, laughing loudly at some joke.

My eyes then traveled to a man with green hair and the most beautiful blue eyes which were looking at my E/C ones. He was also sat at the bar a couple of stools away from me, a bottle of Stella on the beer mat in front of him.

He immediately looked away, embarrassed, as soon as my eyes met his gaze but I didn't look away. He was now scrolling through his phone, his eyes darting across the screen reading something.

His black-rimmed glasses were pressed firmly up his nose and he had his hood up of his burgundy hoodie, so only some of his green hair was showing at the front and his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. I noticed a small smile crawl up his lips as he continued to stare at his phone. I wonder what amused him?

I decided to take my phone out as well and scroll through Tumblr for a while but a large man, reeking of booze and tobacco, who must've been twice my age, sat next to me and swiped my phone out of my hands and placed it face down on the bar.