#9.3- Not Who She Seemed (Sherlock Crossover- Part Three)

Jack's POV
I parked the car on the corner of Ruby Lane and I told John and Sherlock to stay put for the meantime. I got out of the car, slamming the door shut behind me and I observed my surroundings. Ruby Lane was very abandoned. There were old structures falling down and dead shrubbery everywhere. You could say the place lacked TLC. It was now dark and no lampposts illuminated the road, so I had to walk through the dark road, using my phone as a torch.

I wandered down the creepily eerie road and came across the only thing in sight; a largish garage with faded stickers on the front and colourful paint peeling off. There was also a lot of impressive-looking graffiti.

I cautiously approached the garage and pressed my ear to the door, to check if anyone was inside. Once I confirmed it was empty, I slid the door -which was surprisingly unlocked- upwards and shone my phone light around. There was a shit tonne of ammunition and lethals in here. This must be The Black Tribe's lair. I browsed around looking through what they kept until I heard heavy footsteps behind me and the sound of a gun's hammer being pulled back.

"Touch anything and you're a dead man." A booming, slightly muffled voice said from behind me. Shit. I cautiously raised my hands up in surrender and placed them on the back of my head.

"Where's Y/N?" I confidently asked.

"You tell me, scumbag! She escaped from us months ago, we've been trying to find her ever since!" The booming voice yelled.

"I suppose it just proves that my wife will never be one of you!"  I bellowed back whilst turning around still in the surrender position.

"Mr McLoughlin." I saw the bastard smirk through his mask. "Great to finally meet you at last." He paused. "Say something like that again and I will put a bullet through your skull!"

"Go on... Do it. But killing me won't help you find Y/N!" I exclaimed, feeling deep regret and terror in the pit of my stomach. The man paused, clearly stumped for words.

"I don't need you to find her anyway." He sneered. I closed my eyes. "Say goodbye, Mr McLoughlin-"

*BANG!*

I was waiting for the impact of the gun's bullet to tear through my flesh. Instead, I heard the sound of the gunshot reverberating around the garage's thin walls but no pain came. I opened my eyes to see the member of 'TBT' fall to the floor. Dead.

Behind where the man stood, revealed the woman who fired the bullet, still holding the gun outstretched. Her hand wasn't shaking, she had clearly killed before. Y/N had killed before...

She slowly lowered the gun as I slowly lowered my hands from the back of my head, our eyes both connecting with each other's for the first time in three years. I almost forgot how beautiful she is. I was entranced by my wife.

"Seán?"

I didn't reply. I didn't know how. She had just killed someone right in front of me and she faked her own death. Part of me was mad at her but another part of me just wanted to take her into my arms once more and never let her go.

"Seán, please understand that faking my death was the easiest thing to do in order to keep you safe from both complication and the tribe. I knew they would come after me sooner or later and I didn't tell you because-"

I cut off her sentence by suddenly wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her passionately. That tingling feeling on my lips where hers adjoined with mine had returned. It felt good to feel that once again. It meant that Y/N was back with me. It meant that I was finally happy again. My lips curved into a smile at the thought and I felt her smile back also.

After what seemed like forever, we drew apart and I embraced her into a hug, the tingling feeling lingering on my lips.

"I don't care about your past, I don't want to look back on it. All I want to focus on, is the present and right now, that is you." I told her. She drew away from the hug and pecked me on the cheek. "I never gave up on you, Y/N and I'm not going to now."
———
It's now a year later and Y/N has been legally resurrected, as it were, and the house is finally alive again with the happy vibe she gives off. Although 'The Black Tribe' is still a thing, we haven't heard anything from them recently. I think Y/N frightened them off when she murdered one of them.

She is currently three months pregnant with our first child and we both couldn't wait for parenthood. We were told once that we are practically glowing and that's because we are. We are finally happy again.

And it's all thanks to Sherlock Holmes and his partner in crime, John Watson.