#17- Our Dance

A/N
Judging by the picture I've used at the top of the page and the title, I agree it does imply this could be a Jelix imagine, but it isn't. (I don't ship them, their friendship is too precious 😂)
It features Felix and I thought this was a decent picture of them both so...

F/F: Your Favourite Flowers
------------------------------------------
Your POV
"Felix, can you please just tell me where you're taking me?" My friend was leading me somewhere, I didn't have a clue. I decided to stay with him and his girlfriend, Marzia for a little while because I felt lonely back in Ireland. My boyfriend, Seán was away on business (at the time of our two year anniversary might I add) and I couldn't stand being alone any longer. I needed a friend.

"No, it will spoil the surprise!" He said. I was blindfolded and he was guiding me along the concrete path. Then I felt the refreshing breeze and could smell the salty air. I must be near Brighton Pier. "Okay just a few steps further and... okay, stop." I stood still and felt him take the blindfold off from my eyes. In front of me stood the most wonderful sight. Seán, standing in the middle of Brighton Bandstand, golden fairy lights hanging from the pillars and speakers placed to the side. There was a small table also, with a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket and F/F in a small vase.

My jaw dropped and I ran over to my boyfriend, embracing him in a hug.

"Happy Two Year Anniversary, Y/N." He whispered in my ear. I reached up and kissed his lips.

"Happy Anniversary. Did you do all of this?" I asked as we drew away.

"With a bit of help from Mr Kerjellberk over there." Seán said with a smile, deliberately incorrectly pronouncing the Swede's surname and indicating to Felix standing away from the bandstand. I laughed at the little banter they have between them.

"Thank you, to both of you. It's beautiful." I said looking at both of them gratefully.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds to it." Felix inputted before winking at us and wandering off back to his house, to rejoin Marzia.

"And now," Seán poured two glasses of champagne and handed me one, wrapping an arm around my waist. "I propose a toast." He raised his glass. "To us."

"To us." I also raised my glass and with a clink of our glasses, we took a sip. I could feel the bubbles of the champagne tingle my insides.

"Now, there is a reason why we're here specifically." He set his champagne down and walked over to the speakers, where he had his iPhone connected. He pressed a few buttons and I gasped at the sound of piano chords from one of my favourite songs, play through the speakers.

"This is my love song to you
Let every woman know I'm yours..."

"May I have this dance?" My boyfriend held out his hand. I smiled and set my glass down before taking his hand and he lead me to the middle of the bandstand.

"You're always hoping that we make it
You always want to keep my gaze..."

"You're a true romantic really, aren't you?" I giggled. Seán winked at me in reply.

He put an arm around my waist and held one of my hands whilst I rested my other hand on his shoulder. He rested his head on my head as I rested mine into his chest.

"I'll never stop trying
I'll never stop watching as you leave
I'll never stop losing my breath
Every time I see you looking back at me..."

We danced for a little while; he twirled me around a couple of times and we laughed, a lot.

"Y/N?"

"Yes, Seán?" I looked into his blue eyes, which never fail to get me lost in.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I smiled and replied. He leaned in and kissed me, our fingers intertwining with each other's.

"Still get my heart racing, you
Still get my heart racing, for you
Still get my heart racing, you
Still get my heart racing, for you..."

We swayed along to the music together. Just us. Just the music. Just the sun setting over the sea horizon. And in that moment, everything was perfect.