Chapter 16

**Ace's POV**

After a while of styling my hair to the way I liked it, with the shorter strands hanging like bangs on the right side of my forehead, I came down from the tree house. The guys gave me strange looks as I made and apple appear and began to eat it.

"You cut your hair," a boy, I think Miles, said.

I laughed. "That I did."

"Why?"

I didn't want to explain the whole thing to them. "Just thought I'd try the Lost Boys look."

"Well, I like it," Peter said from behind me. I jumped, startled, and turned to face him.

"God you scared me!" I exclaimed, laughing.

He smirked. "I liked it when it was long, too, but how you look doesn't matter to me."

I laughed. "Since when are you all romantic?"

"Apparently I went soft when I told you I loved you."

I rolled my eyes and turned around. I felt him grab my waist and lift me up spinning me around. I dropped my apple. "Let me go! Don't make me kill you!"

"Alright," he said, laughing. The boys gave us strange looks which made us laugh even harder.

"Hey, I want to show you something today," Peter said, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"What?"

"It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises," I whined.

"Too bad, you can get used to it," he said, nudging me with his elbow.

"Okay, as soon as you get me a new apple, though."

He laughed and made one appear, tossing it to me. I caught it with my free hand. "Better," I smiled.

**Peter's POV**

I looked at her again, taking in her now short hair. She looked beautiful with it, it brought out her facial features.

I was going to take her to Skull Rock today and explain the hourglass and my past. If she's going to die and we can't save her, I want her to know the truth about my past. She opened up about hers the first day she was here, and now it was my turn.

I dropped her hand and walked over to Felix. "Look, I'm taking her out to Skull Rock, it's time I told her about everything."

"Gotcha, Peter. Want me to look after the boys?"

"Yes, no one leaves, hear me? No one."

"I hear you loud and clear," he replied.

"Good." I walked back over to Ace. "Ready?"

"We're not flying again are we?" I looked at her like the answer was obvious, which it kind of was. Her eyes widened. "Oh bloody hell Peter Pan if I survive, I swear I'll..."

"Tell me you love me, I know," I said smiling.

"You wish," she scoffed. She grabbed my arm and I sprinkled the pixie dust over us. Slowly we rose off the ground. Her grip on my arm tightened so she was basically hugging it to her body.

After a bit of flying over the jungles, Ace's grip loosened.

"Alright, I'm dying in six days anyway, might as well attempt to fly on my own before then!" she exclaimed. Ace let go and began to do it on her own.

I couldn't but help laugh at her wobbling side to side. She was pretty good for her first time, though.

"What, you find my terror funny?!" she yelled over to me.

"Just a tad, love!" I called back. Up ahead was Skull Rock and I pointed to it, letting her know to land on shore.

Once we landed I took her hand in mine, intertwining our fingers. "Welcome to Skull Rock," I said, leading her up the stairs.

"Real original," she answered sarcastically. "How'd you come up with it?"

"Actually me and Felix named it, and we didn't want to think to long and hard about names," I answered.

"Why are you two so much closer than you and the others?" Ace asked.

I took a deep breath, it was kind of a long story. "Well, I was out with the flute in his village, gathering boys. Felix was the only to come, and so I brought him to Neverland. He was the second Lost Boy next to me. We had some time on the island to get to know each other and he told me about his past and what he'd been through. And I told him about mine, and showed him this place. He joked about naming it Skull Rock and it kind of... stuck. I never got to know the other Lost Boys like I got to know Felix. That's why he's my most trustworthy Lost Boy, he's always loyal to me."

She nodded. "I get that."

Finally, we reached the large room with the hourglass. It was still around around two thirds of the way full. She gasped, looking around, staring at it all in awe. When she saw the hourglass, she seemed confused.

"What's running out of time?"

"You see, that's why I brought you here. On your first day here you told me everything that went wrong for you and why you hated your life. Now, it's my turn to tell you about my past," I said.

"Is this... counting down something involving you?" she asked.

"Yes. When I lived in the Enchanted Forest, I was the village coward. I cheated people out of money and I never fought back. I had a son too, and all he wanted was for us to be together as a happy family. But that couldn't be, he was in my way. So, I sent him to two women to look after him, so I could go live life without him. Be free. He found out, though, and discovered what I was up to. I went to explain it to him and found he had a magic bean, a portal to a knew world. We could leave, start again. So we decided here, in Neverland. Well, we came and realized we needed pixie dust to fly. So my son was to scared to climb up the tree and get it, so I did. There I met the shadow who gave me an irrefutable offer. All I had to do was give up my son. So I did and I was given youth. The hourglass, when it is empty, I lose my youth and I die."

Se looked at me, totally startled by everything. "I know it's a lot to take in but I'm no different then I was a few minutes ago!" I exclaimed.

"I know, just... wow. Who- who was your son?" she asked.

"Rumplestiltskin, also known as the Dark One."

Her jaw dropped. "But he... and you... and... what?"

"I know it's confusing but, you don't hate me, do you?" I asked.

"Of course not, why would I?"

"The last girl here, Wendy, when I told it to her, she hated me. She wanted to leave, said I was a monster."

"I don't think you're a monster," she said, walking over and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Well that's because you don't mind evil."

"Not just because of that, now I'm going to need help understanding this," she said laughing.

I laughed and began to explain it to her.

**Author's Note** Ok I know this is short and it sucked. I was just trying to make a more light hearted chapter and let Ace know about Peter's past. I know my description of it wasn't that amazing but hey I tried!

okay I know at least one of you wants a pic of ace and her new hair in the external BUT im really sorry but I can't put it on here since I'm on the app, not the website it won't let me. my best way to describe it is like Jennifer Lawrence's short hair only brunette (I think Jen looks beautiful with it btw!)

@Bozwik thanks for the amazing comment last chapter I cried laughing so hard  and @falseluck for *fangirling* when I mentioned her in the a/n last chapter haha I'm flattered

this is a long a/n Sorry if this sucked tho I have horrible writers block and I wanted to let y'all know I was sorry about the pic issue :) thanks <3 ~Peyton