Chapter 11

**Ace's POV**

"Well done," Peter congratulated me after all the other boys had stopped.

"Thanks," I said, looking down at my feet. I was contemplating on telling him about Hook or not. I probably should, of Hook is on the island now rather than the ship he's much more dangerous. "Look," I lowered my voice so the boys around us couldn't hear me. "I need to talk to you, alone."

He looked around. The boys seemed preoccupied and he looked back at me. "Let's talk up in the tree house." I nodded and looked up at a tall tree to my left. Up high, hidden by branches and leaves was the tree house. I climbed up the ladder and waited for Peter to come up as well.

"What is it?" he asked in an impatient tone.

"When I left, I ran into Hook. He's on the island with his men, I wasn't sure if it was important, but figured you should know."

**Peter's POV**

Of course I knew Hook was on the island, I knew everything that went on. I just didn't realize how close he was.

What had he said? Most likely nothing good about me. "What did he have to say?"

"That, he was sorry, always was. That you were evil and I couldn't trust you. The last thing he said, though, was that when he saw me again, we'd most likely be fighting. He has some sort of plan, I can tell, we just need to stop him," she explained.

I couldn't help it, I loved how she said we. I could tell the part about him being sorry hurt her, though. Sorry obviously couldn't make it all better. But then there was the fact he had something planned.

"I've got to get Lost Boys back out on patrol," I said, glancing out the window down at them. She nodded and looked down at the floor. I walked over and lifted her chin with my two fingers. "It's okay, he won't get to you, I promise."

"Peter, it's not a big deal, I can fight him, be near him, I'll be fine," Ace complained.

"Do you really think I'm going to risk losing your skills now? I could use them later."

"I'm pretty sure this isn't about skills, Peter Pan," she whispered, looking up at me. She was beautiful and I couldn't help but smile. Then it hit me, though. If I had feelings for her, the best thing would be to push her away, for her and for me. I would be able to focus on everything else happening, and if any of my enemies found out about this, they would try to hurt her. She's my weakness, the one I never thought I would have."It's been only a short time, but you've shown me things I never thought I could see. This place, it's changed me."

"Me and Neverland have that effect," I said, making her laugh.

"I care for you, Peter."

I took a deep breath. I knew this was coming. "I do care, but my enemies would use you in a heartbeat against me, and I'm not about to put you in danger just because of what I do."

"Do you think I care about that?" she asked. "I don't care if they kidnap me one thousand times. I don't care if I die, because I got to be with you."

I looked at her, confused. "You do know I'm the villain here, well we both are but me more than him."

"Well who said I wanted to be good?" she asked. "I want to be evil, make people feel the pain I felt. They deserve it. No one out there is innocent and I want them to see that." I couldn't help it, I leaned down and closed the gap between us. She was perfect, in every way possible.

**Ace's POV**

I kissed Peter back gently. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me as close to him as possible. I rested my hands on his chest. I was surprised, I'd known him for what, two days? But I already felt something I've never felt before for anyone. Love. He might be evil, he might be a villain, but that didn't change anything. I wanted to be one too, with him. I wanted revenge, I wanted to be feared so everyone would know what I had felt. No, it wasn't a bad thing he was a villain. It was one of the reasons I was attracted to him.