Chapter 35

A/N: Extended Author's Note at the end. Please read it. Hope you enjoy!

Harry's POV

Melissa is fast asleep after the plane takes off. Since what that bitch did to her appartment I know she hasn't been able to sleep properly. This seven-hour flight will let her gain some energy.

I let her have the window seat after a heated argument and few harsh words of the flight attendent. Apparently we were being inadequate and we were disturbing the rest of the crew. I gave up when she said she wouldn't shut up until we get out of this plane and so I gave her what she wanted. She always asks to many fucking questions and I couldn't risk it. Lately she's been unravenning me and I couldn't risk it.

Who the fuck am I fooling? This week, this flight, this trip was suppose to be just as it was last year and the previous year. That was, before Mia showed up.

London used to be my favorite place, my escape, my safe hole to come when things were harder than ever. Allison always told me stories from when she was younger and lived there. She told me about her parents and the way she despised them. They never supported her choices whatever those choices were. She told me of her favorite places and favorite people. And she was the first one to take me there. We came the same week I left my parent's house. I needed a new place to clear my head and she took me there.

Now London doesn't hold that much meaning to me as it did before. Nowhere ever does really. But London is no longer an escape. It's just a place I used to love. Where I loved and I was loved.

I look at Melissa before taking off my favorite book, the one I always bring with me whenever I return. I could quote The Great Gatsby from the beginning to the end. Just like she did.

The so familiar words invade my mind and I'm soon drowning on them. Nothing new.

-

"What time is it?" A sleepy voice asks next to me.

"We're almost there."

"That's not what I asked, thank you." She rolls her eyes dramatically before adding. "The Great Gatsby." She lowers her head searching for the book cover.

"What about it?"

"I wouldn't make you a tragedy kind of guy."

I close the book when Gatsby is soaking wet from the rain, when he fails at being the confident man he is. Vulnerable because of his love.

"Fate is iminent, tragedy inevitable."

Her eyes hold so much curiosity. About London, but mostly, about me. In the beginning, when we first met, it would have been impossible to get Melissa on this plane. Fuck, it would have been impossible to get her near me. The way her dark brown eyes despised me after breaking her shitty phone to pieces wasn't new to me. People always gave me those kinds of looks. However she despised me very little, just the time between picking and then drooping my own phone down. Leave it to fate to make up these shitty attemps at coincidences.

It was quick. One moment they hated me with all their power and the other they no longer despised me but held so much curiosity. They still hold, more than ever, and they will always be like this.

"Where are we staying?"

"I have an appartment in London for years. We're staying there."

"Okay good."

"Good?" My mind is already elaborating list of the things I would like to do to her on that fucking appartment.

"I wouldn't be able to afford an hotel for so long." She admits, flushed. Working for Alex pays insanely good but I know it's been only about two months and she came to New York because she needed.