Chapter 2 - London Calling

Sofia’s P.O.V

           “Shut up.” I groan as my alarm clock blasts, interrupting my once peaceful sleep. The clock reads 6:02am. Why the fuck am I getting up at six in the morning?

            “Oh shit, Kath.” I immediately remember last night, and rush to the freezing cold garage. I flick the switch to enlighten the situation.

            “Kath!” I whisper, nudging the tightly wrapped blob on the ground. “Kath! You need to wake up! NOW!” I whisper louder.

            “What the fu-” Kath mumbles.

            “We need to get going before the bitch finds you here!” I whisper, grinding my teeth. If she finds out, well we’re worse than screwed; we’ll be burned and left to rot in hell if she finds out. “GET UP!” I whisper as loud as I can.

            “Ok, ok I’m awake!” Kath blurts out, a little too loudly.

            “SOFFEA?!?! WHAT’S GOING ON?!” Caroline calls from the house, “WHY ARE YOU IN THE GARAGE?” Her footsteps started getting louder as she walked towards the garage door. Oh shit, oh shit, shit, shit, shit!

            “Just going out to get some groceries!” I call back into the house. Kath’s face goes completely panicky, and the next thing I know we’re scrambling over all the junk I was supposed to clean yesterday, to get into my car.

            “Get down!” I motion to Kath. “Quickly!” Just by the time Kath’s head is hidden from view, Caroline comes out of the house and into the garage, waving her black, leather briefcase high in the air. After about five minutes of driving, all I can hear is a small snickering, getting louder and louder. Kath bursts out laughing and soon enough I start laughing too and I can barely see the road from all the tears.

            “We g-g-ot t-to c-ca-l-lm d-d-ow-n-n.” I manage to choke out.

            “But it-t...h-h-er f-face!” Kath stammers out, evolving into another outrageous bout of laughter. I can’t help but smile; I haven’t laughed this hard for a long, long time.  

 Kath’s P.O.V

     “Ooh, this looks cute!” Sofia holds up a plaid tank top and add it to the pile of clothes already in  my arms.

            “Ouff! Don’t you think you already have enough of those?” I mutter out.

            “You can never have too much plaid, my dear.” She reassures me.

            “Whatever, as long as this is ok." I say uneasily. It was Sofia's idea for us to go shopping, since we were already out. I told her I hardly had any clothes with me, and so she decided that I needed to get some "proper" clothes.

           "Yes Kath, it's fine!" Sofia laughed, shoving me into the dressing room to try on everything.

           "But you're using your inheritance on me and-"

           "Kath. Seriously? You are family, so pretty much we're using our inheritance. And besides you need more than just the clothes on your back!" I sighed, knowing she was right. I did need the clothes, and Sofia's parents wouldn't have wanted me to go without them.

            “So, shall we go pay for all of this?” Sofia asked after I had finished trying on everything.

            “Yeah, yeah, let's go." I smiled, quickly putting what hadn't fit back on the rack.  While we waited in line, I noticed a group of hot looking guys, on a canvas bag. And one looked really familiar.