Chapter 9 - Gone

Sofia’s P.O.V

 “What do you mean he’s gone?” Zayn demands, grasping onto me as I sink onto the couch.

            “I woke up because I heard some noise coming from his room. So I went to check it out and I noticed he wasn’t there, and all that was, was this note. Some of his clothes are gone too.” I manage to croak out before the tears started to come.

            “Here, let me see the note.” Niall says soothingly. I pass it to him, and rest my head on Zayn’s shoulder.

            “What’s going on?” A voice from the other side of the room speaks up.

            “It’s Lou, Emma.” Niall whispers. “He’s gone.”

            “What?” She says in disbelief.  She walks over to where I'm sitting, giving me a concerned look. “Are you ok Sofia?” I nod, and start to cry more. The very girl I was being a bitch too, cared enough to ask me how I was.

            “He left a note.” Niall continues.

            “Well what does it say?”

            “This may be alarming, and I’m sorry. But I had to get away for a few days. I’ll be back soon, don’t worry. Love you all, Louis.”

            “Why did I do this?” I gasp in disbelief. If I hadn’t been so needy, Louis would have been safe, and at home.

            “Look, Niall and I’ll go look around the city for a bit. If he did only leave a little awhile ago, he can’t be far off.” Zayn says, hugging me tight. I nod, and watch as Niall and Zayn head out the door. I glance over at Emma with a guilty look on my face.

            “I’m sorry.” I whisper. She nods, pulling her knees up onto the couch and hugging them close to her chest.

            “Hey, don’t worry about it. We all have shitty experiences and memories that get in the way. Friends?” She asks.

            “Yeah, of course!” I laugh, wiping the tears from my eyes, as I pull her in for a hug.

            “Why don’t we go make some tea or something to eat? We can’t really do much but wait for the boys to come home. ALL of the boys.” Emma suggests.

            “Yeah, why not? We can make some of Lou’s favourite cookies! That’ll cheer him up!”

            “Sure! Let’s get on it.” Emma smiles, pulling bowls and spoons out of the cupboards.

*FEW HOURS LATER*

 Emma’s P.O.V

      “What’s all the noise for?” A sleepy Harry Styles calls out from the top of the stairs.

            “He doesn’t know yet?” Sofia whispers to me.

            “Guess not....” I shrug. “You better get down here Harry!” I call up the stairs.

            “Shhh! You’ll wake up Kath!” Harry hisses.

            “Wait, how do you know she's still asleep?” Sofia teases.

            “Oh shut up....” Harry blushes. “So, why are you guys awake at...at 4 in the morning? Baking cookies?”

            “You might wanna sit down...” I suggest.