Prolouge

*LEVI POV*

My breathing quickened, myself kneeling on the ground, heaving heavily. I clutched my wounds with one hand, lifting myself up with another. Was this it? My vision was blurred, my chest heavy as quick, short breaths drew in and out of my mouth. Was this... the end? A surge of feelings which I had before been numb to came back to me all at once. Sorrow, despair, hopelessness, weakness, fear. And, the one I haven't felt in the many years I've been training with the survey corps...

Pain.

I coughed, causing blood to be spat out of my mouth. I noticed a 15 meter class titan approach me, it's menacing grin and eyes focused on me. Was this how I was going to go out? A lousy 15 meter titan? I couldn't count how many I've defeated... I was angered with myself. I couldn't believe this. The titan tilted it's head to the side, as if attempting to read my mind. Stupid things... Just finish me already.

The titan stalked closer, it's feet pounding against the ground, when a flash of light blinded me. I caught my breath, squinting. Once the light had cleared, I noticed a figure standing before me, arms out, wings spreading from it's back. I took a shaky breath, noticing the sharpness of the wings, and that the left wing had a distinctive blueness to it, while the other wore the cliche white. The familiar wings shocked me, as I remembered it's meaning...

The face of the figure turned to the side, and for some reason I happened to recognize this face... Actually, no I had no idea who this person was, but I knew their name. Somehow. This person was a miracle, and I owed them everything. For this person, was freedom itself. And, I could barely pull myself to say the words:

"(Y/N) (L/N)"

~~

I woke in a cold sweat, leaping up into a sitting position on my bed. I slapped my hand onto my heart, grasping it. It was beating at the speed of light. I steadily became comfortable in my regular body, rapidly shooting out of my bed and leaning out of my room.

"Erwin!" I shouted across the hall, not minding the others who might hear, "I need you, immediately!"

//A/N\\

Hello Reader~Chan! I hope you enjoyed the prologue to my story "Those Wings"! So, let's get the cliche shit over with. This is my first fanfiction/Xreader fanfic, so beware if anything I say in the story is messed up, or you know... Yeah. But, if I do make any spelling mistakes or anything, feel free to let me know. And, again thanks for reading!