☾Chapter 18 - THE END☽

*3rd Person POV*

Your eyes whip open at the sound of the bugle ringing throughout the base of the survey corps. The memories of last night flood over you and you clench the sheets draped over yourself. That dream... Dr. Jaques.

The same flashback you had however long had become a dream and decided to haunt you. But, the daunting truth revealed itself. Dr. Jaques, is not Dr. Jaques.

"All survey corps members please report to the walls immediately. I repeat all--" The announcment voice you recongnize as Erwin abruptly comes to a stop, a consistent static-like noise being heard instead.

You sit up in the creaky bed. Levi didn't stay with you. The thought of not seeing him before this final war of the titans brushes past you. Your eyes begin to well up, but you fight back the sensation.

What a horrible thought. What an un-nessceary thought! You are going to see him before all of this goes down. You hop off of the bed and swiftly slip into Levi's spare uniform. The sleeves hang loose over your hands, but this isn't something that important. You need to see Levi. You need to explain to him.

You remember your goal that one night you and Levi escaped into the underground city. It wasn't for lovey dovey time. You remember everything vividly. Like it all happened yesterday.

You stomp out of the corporal's room, realizing Levi is no longer occupying this area. You know Levi well and know for a fact he's more punctual than anyone in the survey corps. Anyone inside the walls, in fact. Levi will be at the walls already.

You rush into the equpiment room which takes some time considering the new base. You attempt to avoid all eye contact with any of the cadets in the room as you struggle into the 3DM gear you haven't worn in so long. After this process you race outside and-using your gear- fling past the villagers and eventually your gear perches on top of the wall.

You hang on the side, boots clinging to the wall for any grip. You take a moment to catch your breath. Doing nothing but solving problems as a guardian angel does not provide time for excersize, that is certain.

"Cadet! Get your ass up here!" A raven haired man appears over the wall. You meet his eyes and can't help but grin.

"Morning, Levi!" You holler. Though, the same expression is not returned. Rather Levi's brows furrow a sour frown across his lips.

"Now is not the time for chipper greetings, (Y/N)... You have to get out of here," The last sentence reveals more heart than the first, but the urgency is still present in his tone. You take a deep breath and jump onto the top of the wall-with the help of your 3DMG-, landing gracefully beside Levi.

"I have to explain to you something." Several clouds dot throught the blue sky. The sun only just peeking out from the horizon. The wind is breezey, though being on top of a mountainous wall does increase the speed.

You notice Levi hesitate to let you speak. This problem was urgent, he needed to do things. But, those things would be worthless in the final product. He needs to listen. When no response is given, you begin to panic.

"Levi, listen to me, we have to go. Freedom cannot be sealed and everyone is going to die if we don't leave," Levi's once distant expression morphs into a shocked one. His eyes meet mine once again, though I can't tell if he completely understands.