☾Chapter 14 - Reunited☽

//A\N\\ 

I'm realizing that your stories come out better if your deeply feeling one emotion. I'm sorry I'm sad because I'm hungry af, and my brother won't let me have cereal, I cant cook anything but KD and my dad is sleeping =-=. He's scary if you wake him so I'm just gonna put this hunger into my story. Enjoy.

*3rd Person POV*

  ☾TWO YEARS LATER☽  

"Oi! (Y/N)!" A voice hollers from a distance away. You turn to face your friend, Opal. She's also a Freedom Angel, but has been so her whole life, never experiencing being human like yourself. She approaches you with a serious expression.

"They need you at the manning system" She explains. Your eyes widen slightly, in shock. The manning station? You had only ever been to the manning station once in your two years being an angel, but you knew if you were called there, it meant business.

You see, the manning station is where the higher-ups man the different planets of life. Different angels man different things, and for a freedom angel to be called in means something historical is going to occur.

"Me? Why didn't they just take you?" Opal averts her eyes, frowning. 

"They said they needed someone with human experience" She replied, her tone expressing her disappointment. 

But, this only caused you to wonder... Will something happen with the humans?

"(Y/N)... I always meant to ask you how you were promoted to Freedom angel? And just from a bot to... It's just a huge step up" Opal questions, crossing her arms as the two of you wander down to the manning station.

"Hm..." Your mind begins to retrace the memories of the court-room. The plump judge, you smuggled in chains. It was foggy, but not very much. It's just that you had been so distracted these two years, you hadn't had the time to remember things.

Opal peers up at your blank eyes, and for some reason you feel obligated to find these memories of that day... You gasp.

"Him" You state. Opal stares down at you in bewilderment. 

"Him...?" She repeats, knitting her brows. Then she pops open her mouth. She placed her finger on her chin in a thinking pose.

"I think you told me about him your first day... You were really shaken..." She recalls, squinting her eyes. You glance at her, a smirk curling onto her face.

"You... loved him, didn't you?" You freeze, shoulders shaking slightly. Opal stops in her tracks, steadily creaking her head around, a cocky grin plastered across her face.

"You still love him, don't you" You gaze at Opal, and your stare felt like daggers aiming straight for Opal's neck. She took the signal, and shut up, the two of you continuing to trudge along.

"So..." Opal continues eventually, "What was he like?" You purse your lips, looking away. You felt for once, trapped. You felt cornered. For the last two years you felt special, unique, like you held a superior power to your peers. But now, you felt attacked and hunted.

But, you weren't.

"He was..." You hesitate, taking a moment to reflect on the short tempered man.