10

Frances

Present
..

"Frances, oh my god" The man yelled, he had green faded hair, messy too.

He panted, looking at me happily. He opened his arms, placing his arms around me gently.

I stayed stiff, confused. Shocked at the most.

"Frances, I'm so happy you're okay." He said, relieved.

"Sir, may I speak to you out in the hall?" I heard the nurse say.

The man pulled away, looking at me smiling, walking to the nurse.

I heard her explain what had happened to me, things I've already known. She mentioned I haven't spoken in the time I've been here. She mentioned how I've lost my memory.

"Sir, can you please just explain how you know her. Please, we need her to communicate to show progress."

The man said nothing, just slowly walked into the room.

"Hi." He said, pulling up a chair.

I just stared at him, showing no emotion on my face.

"I'm sorry about what happened to you. I'm sorry that the last thing that happened to you was over something so fucking stupid."

"I'm Frank, you know me as Tre and so do most people."

"We met back in 92 or 91, the year today is 1994" He said, sighing.

You could tell he was upset, he didn't know how to speak to me much now.

He thought for a bit, rubbing his temples with his hands.

"We met at a place called Gilman. It's in Berkeley. That was our spot." He spoke.

"We had a lot of memories there. We found cool people, we fought people, we found ourselves in music."

I listened, my face still expressionless, my chapped lips still closed.

"You have someone. They love you. They just can't forgive themselves."

His lip quivered, he breathed in heavily.

"We love you Frances." He spoke, "I wish I could explain everything to you but it's not my place to tell you what happened."

He sighed, pushing his hair out of his face.

"We are close friends. Mike, you don't know him yet, he loves you. Billie loves you. We miss you."

He stands up, sighing.

"I'll have him here tomorrow. Even if I have to drag him."

He walks out of the door, a pained expression on his face.

"I'll see ya tomorrow Frances."