24

Frances
Present

•••

It was the next morning, I woke up with Billie's arms gently wrapped around me. He was lightly snoring.

After I showered last night, I told him it was okay to sleep in the same bed.

He gladly accepted, he was happy that I was progressing.

I don't love him, not like I used to. I care for him, as a friend. But, loving him like I used to before the accident, it's hard.

Besides the pain, the migraines, this was the hardest part.

The part of accepting my life and having to re-love someone all over again.

I'm trying, so hard.

I'm trying for that spark, for that sensation of love that he wants so badly.

I glanced over to the clock, it was 10 am.

"Billie?" I lightly pushed on his arm.

He stirred a little, his grip still on me. "Billie?" I said again, pushing him a little more.

"Hm?" He asked, his eyes still closed. "I really need to pee." I told him, hoping to get out of his grip.

"Okay." He said, almost inaudible as he pulled his arm, gently off me.

I looked at him, making sure he wasn't looking at me when I decided to not take my crutches.

I limped, slowly, to the bathroom connected to the bedroom.

I close the door, sliding off my shorts and peeing.

I hear him groan a little, he must've been getting up.

Once I'm done, I flush and limp towards the sink.

"Frances, jesus, use your crutches." He said as I washed my hands.

"It was just from the bed to the bathroom, it's not like I was going to die." I said, drying my hands on my shorts, picking up a tooth brush to brush my teeth.

"You're so stubborn." He said, putting on a shirt. "You always have been." He said, somewhat jokingly.

"I want to start walking again, that's all." I told him before swishing mouth wash in my mouth.

"I know you do but you still have a little bit on the crutches, you gotta follow the doctor's orders." He lectured, going to brush his teeth.

I limped over towards the bed, crawling into it, wrapping my whole body in it.

"I'm cold." I shivered, resting my head on the pillow. Billie turned around, laughing when he saw me.

"You look like a worm." He said as he brushed his teeth. "I'm cold." I told him, again.

"Well, you're in shorts and a tank top so it can get pretty cold." He replied in a smart tone. "Shut up." I told him, wrapping the blanket in tighter.