29

Frances
Present

•••

"Billie!" I jolted up out of the bed. My forehead covered in sweat.

"Frances?" He questioned, pulling me towards him.

I touched my head, feeling no scar. I uncovered my legs, seeing no scars there either.

"The accident." I cried into his chest, as he snaked his arms around me.

"Baby, what accident?" He asked, gently pulling my head out of his chest. "It was just a nightmare, 80." He explained, placing a kiss on top of my head.

"It was so vivid. I didn't love you anymore. I asked for a divorce." I sobbed even harder, going back into his embrace.

He rubbed circles on my back, kissing my temple. "I'm right here. I'm never letting that happened." He firmly told me, pushing hair behind my ear.

"I love you. I love you. So much." I told him, pressing my lips onto his, climbing on top of his lap.

He grabbed my hips, rocking me towards him. "I love you, more." He said in between kisses.

I disconnected, resting my head against his chest as he was sitting against the head board.

"I had lost the baby in the nightmare." I whimpered.

"It was a car accident, we fought. So much. I was in a coma, I lost the baby. I lost you." I shook my head, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm sorry, baby." He breathed, before being cut off by sounds of crying.

I shot up, moving my legs to get off of Billie. "I got him, don't worry." Billie softly said, getting up off the bed.

"No, I got him. My baby." I said in relief, running towards the room next door.

His crib sat in the corner of the room, the moonlight shining into the room.

A changing bed was against the other wall, on the other side of the room.

A little mobile hung over the crib, a rocking chair near the entrance of the room, a toy chest with soft toys against the wall.

My toes were welcomed by the soft white carpet, my feet taking me quickly towards the baby.

My baby.

"It's okay." I cooed, picking him up, cradling him.

"It's okay, Joey. I'm here, baby." I rocked the 4 month old baby, his crying eased down.

I felt hands slither around my waist, resting their head on my shoulder.

"I love you, both. So much." He whispered into my ear, kissing my cheek.

"I love you, it drives me crazy how much I really do love you." I told him.

"I know it does, baby."

•••

It was the morning, Billie and I were both up. He was in the kitchen drinking coffee while I just got back from Joey's room, as he finally was starting to sleep.

Billie had bags under his eyes, deep ones. He wasn't sleeping much ever since Joey was born.

Joey cried, sometimes all night. We were both not getting a lot of sleep but his case was worse than mine.

"I'm sorry." I told him, frowning.

"For what?" He asked, pouring himself another cup.

"I know we're both so stressed and frustrated, with Joey up all night screaming his lungs out, not getting any sleep, the label pressuring you to put out an album. It causes us a lot of stress and we've been fighting and I don't want it like that, anymore."

I looked at him with my hazel eyes, looking for a reaction out of him.

"You erased me from your memories because you thought you were holding me back from having a full happy life."

He told me, looking at me with sad eyes.

I looked down at my feet, my vision blurring from the tears forming in my eyes.

"In your dream, you erased me from your memories. I know that you feel like you're holding me back, Frances." He walked towards me, kneeling in front of me and picking my head up with his thumb and fore finger.

"That's not the case, 80. You make me happy. You complete me. You're the reason I'm still breathing." He kissed my lips.

"I'd go insane if I didn't have you. I'm at lost for words every time I look at you. Your smile, your laugh, your beautiful hazel eyes that shine in the sun, make me want to love you all over again. I don't know where I'd be without you." He pulled me up, bringing my hips towards him.

"We've been arguing a lot since we had the baby, I know we're both struggling in our relationship. It's nobody's fault. We're just stressed, that's all." He tells me, planting a kiss on my lips.

"Sometimes I feel you could just live normally, live like the rockstar you are. Have no troubles at all, living on your own. I always just feel like I hold you back." I explained, sadly.

"You're not holding me back. Get that out of your head. Hell, I'd rather be tied down by you any day than sleeping around and throwing my life away." He explained, frustrated with the situation.

"Do you know how much I'd rather have been with you, helping you through your pregnancy while I was on tour?" He softly said, gripping my hips.

I look at his green eyes, pulling him down to my lips.

"I love you." I told him, pulling away from his lips.

He smirked, placing one hand on my lower back.

"Prove it."