9

Frances

Present

...

I've been in a coma for two weeks, I was told I was in a coma, i was told i lost my memory. Id been awake for a couple a weeks.

I didn't speak, but I'd hear what people would tell me. Although I'd zone out, they understood.

They told me someone was trying to visit me everyday but nobody ever showed up. All I know is that I'm 22, my name is Frances and that I've lost my memory.

They didn't know what to do with me, they thought they'd just send me to an insane asylum if I nobody "claimed" me in a month.

Of course, I didn't speak to stick up for myself.

I didn't mind not speaking, I didn't bother to ask what year it was or what city I even lived in. I didn't care.

I couldn't remember remember anything that happened, it was all a blur. It frustrated me.

They said it might he permanent.

I didn't seem to care.

I didn't even know if I have a family or friends or if I was loved by someone.

I wouldn't eat, I feel as if I'm not even able to touch it. I'm forced water, to help my daily medication.

I didn't want to do these things anymore, id wish they just pull the plug.

I was told that someone requested that Id not be taken off.

I'm sick of me.

I didn't even know myself well enough, I didn't know anything but that I wish I wasn't in pain and that id wish I had a clue of who I was before.

My thoughts were cut off by the rapid footsteps,

"Sir, no running in the hallways!" I heard a women's voice yell, at the person who was I'm the hall.

The footsteps halted, i stopped playing with my thumbs when I heard a heavy sigh.

"Frances, oh my god"