Chapter One

"Mum." I whined and she hummed. "Let me go on tour with Mikey, he said it's okay." I said and she looked at me.

"You know we don't want you in the public eye. We want you to have a normal life. That's why you have my last name." She told me and I sighed.

"Please?" I asked and she shook her head. "Unfair. I never get to hang out with them, even if I am careful about paparazzi and fans seeing me."

"Mikey is coming home soon Maxy, just wait." She said and I rested my chin on my head. "Just a few more months."

"So he can come home for a day and then go to LA with his girlfriend and friends for the rest of his short break?" I asked bitterly. "Totally worth it."

"You know he goes there for song writing with artists based in LA." She rationed and I groaned.

"And to party with his friends, who seem to be more important than us most of the time." I added and she gave me a stern look.

"Max, you know Michael is a busy boy. He can't be here often, but he tries."

"I'm literally an only child." I huffed and she told me to go do my homework. "I finished it already."

"No you didn't. I know you. Go finish your homework. Your teachers tell me you never turn it in. You're in danger of failing your classes Max." She told me and I groaned.

"Snitches."

"It's not snitching, just doing the right thing." My mum told me and I stood up as I got an idea. "What Max?"

"If I raise my grades, can I go on tour with Mikey for his North American leg?" I negotiated and she was silent as she thought about it.

"If you can get all of your C's to high B's before the start of the tour leg then fine. You can go." She said and I groaned. That'll be impossible. All my classes are C's, and the semester is over in a month!

"You hate me mother." I claimed and she shook her head. "You must really hate me."

"I just care about your education babyboy." She told me and I huffdd as I went upstairs to go finish the homework I had.

It was only an entire essay about what I'm going to do over the break.

-

"Nina," I whined and she hummed as she rummaged through my closet. "Tutor me. You're smart." I said and she laughed.

"I thought you didn't care about your grades?" She asked me as she picked out my outfit for tomorrow. "Why the sudden need of a tutor?"

"Mum won't let me tour with Mikey until I have all high B's." I huffed and she laughed. "I really want to go. He said I can, it's just up to mum and dad. Dad said he didn't care, so it's up to mum!"

"How am I supposed to help you when I'm failing half of my own classes?" She asked and I facepalmed.

"A 'C' is not failing Nina!"

"You're passing by like... like a freaking butthair!" She said and I shook my head. "I only good at Piano, Math, and PE!"

"Only class I'm good at is Lunch! Help me!" I complained since we had pretty much had the same exact teachers, just different periods thoughout the day.

"Lunch isn't a class, Maxy."

"Exactly!" I begged her and she sighed. "I'll buy you coffee before school for the next week straight-"

"Deal." She said quickly and we shook hands. "Give me that book man. Time to kill some math problems."

"Finally you see it my way." I told her and we shared a laugh as she opened my text book. She began explaining how to answer the problem, but I didn't understand.