Chapter Five

"I'm home! I brought Nina!"

"Technically... I brought him. I'm the one with the car." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"This is my house, I brought you." I said and she shrugged as she set her purse down. "Mikey, is that plus one still open?"

"Yeah of course. You coming Ni?" He asked and she nodded. "Your parents are okay with it?"

"My dad was hesitant, but he agreed because he knows I've always wanted to go to America and travel around." She said and he nodded.

"Well, you better get your things packed. We gotta leave Saturday night." He said and she said she'll do it tonight.

"Mikey, so you know how Nina likes Ash?" I said and he laughed as he nodded. "You know how you kinda think Ash likes Nina?"

"Yes?"

"Help us!" Nina said and he rose an eyebrow at her. "Please Mikey? Like... I don't know... ask about me and stuff."

"What do I get in return?"

"Ashton not moping about, complaining he's single? And me not complaining to you about how Nina whines to me about being single?" I asked as I jutted by bottom lip out into a pout.

"Fucking Max and his puppy dog eyes." He said and I smiled as I jumped up and down in excitement. "Alright, I'll help."

"You're the best Mikey!"

"Urgh, I know right?" He said when Nina went to give him a hug. He hugged her back and she pointed a finger at him.

"It's my job to be narcissistic." She told him and he nodded as I rubbed my eyes. I put my backpack on the floor by the door and then I went to the kitchen.

"I'm hungry!" I yelled and Michael shushed me. "Make me food Mike."

"If you lower your voice. Crystal is sleeping." He said and a shower went off upstairs. "Or maybe not..."

"Go see." Nina said and Michael nodded. He went upstairs and I looked in the fridge.

"Ni-"

"I'm not making you food." She said and I groaned as I grabbed some sandwhich meat and cheese. I grabbed lettuce after and Nina shook her head. "I don't understand your hatred towards mayo."

"It tastes like ass."

"And you know that how?" She asked and I wiggled my eyerows at her as she scoffed. "You whore."

"I know." I agreed and then grabbed a knife. I cut the lettuce and then put it back before washing the lettuce.

I grabbed two slices of bread and then began to build my sandwich. When I finished, I put the meat back and grabbed some potato chips.

As soon as I opened the fridge to get a can of soda, I heard Michael comment on a free sandwhich. "Touch my sandwhich and I will kill you." I said and he looked at me.

He backed away and I smiled sweetly as I sat on the counter, grabbing the sandwhich and taking a bite. "Your brother is weird."

"Yeah..." Michael said and I pouted, crossing my arms the best I could with a sandwhich in my hand. "I'm kidding Maxy, I love you and your wierdness."

"Gay." Nina whispered and I rolled my eyes as I ate some chips. "Crystal is awake?" She asked Michael and he nodded.

"Yeah, she's taking a shower right now." He said and she ran a hand through her hair. "You guys wanna go play some video games?"

"I suck." Nina admitted and I nodded. "You'd whip our asses so quickly.

"Yeah that's true." He said and Nina rose an eyebrow at him. "What?" He asked, clearly confused.