chapter Fourteen

I brushed Nina's hair out with my hands as she picked petals off of a flower, mumbling 'he loves me' and 'he loves me not's. I sighed as she threw the stem away. "He loves me... not." She grumbled and I began to pull out more braids.

"Where are we even going? I'm tired of going places." She complained and I shushed her quetly as I hummed. "Let me sit and rot in this damned bus."

"You see, as your best friend, I can either sit and rot with you, or pull you out of this ditch. I choose the latter." I decided and she groaned as her hair came out into pretty, blonde waves.

"Tell me something, whatever the hell we're doing, am I going to find this activity fun?" She asked me and I hummed.

"You love taking pictures of yourself, so of course." I nodded and she sighed as I stood up. "Come on, I picked out a dress and everything for you."

"A dress? God dammit, that's why you made me shave." She muttered and I threw the beige dress at her with a black, lace up corset. "Shit, I'm gonna look bad." She gasped and I nodded.

"I'd never let you leave the house if you didn't look like the baddest." I scoffed as she pulled the dress on, which hugged her body perfectly. "If I was older, and thought of you in a romantic way, bitch I'd make you all mine." I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"I look like garbage. I have no boobs or ass." She sighed as she looked in the mirror. "I'm an actual twig. I look like a lower case 'L'."

"You are hot." I told her as I set my hands on her shoulders. "You are sexy. You are perfect. Just because one dumb idiot doesn't want you, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. It's all on him."

She shrugged and then put the corset on, covering her stomach as she tightened it as tight as she wanted. "Because fashion trends involve corsets outside your clothes." She said and slapped her hands on her thighs. "It actually looks kinda good."

"Of course." I snorted as she adjusted the fabric that wrapped around her neck like a choker. "Look at the cleavage. Mami slay me."

She rolled her eyes and I handed her a pair of black heels and a purse that matched her dress. "Where do you get these clothes?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Internet?" I shrugged and she slipped the heels on, lacing then on after. I handed her the purse and then fixed her hair.

"Makeup?" She asked me and I shrugged. "I'd feel better if you did something to my face." She mumbled as she rubbed her eye after taking off her glasses.

"I maybe have something under my sleeve for this." I nodded and then dragged her to the bathroom.

-

"Where the hell are we going? Why do we have a chauffeur? And why am I dressed up like Kylie Jenner? What the fuck are you planning?" She asked and I snorted as the car stopped.

"Thanks Jeff." I smiled asked the guys' driver and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Anytime Max. Call me when you both need to be picked up." He told me and I nodded as Nina and I got out of the car.

"What is this building?" She asked as we went inside. I smiled at the receptionist and she looked at me. "Max..."

"Hi, Max and Nina. Booked a shoot a couple of days ago with a photographer named Evje Lynn?" I said and she flipped through hee notebook.

"Of course. Studio AB8." She told us and I nodded, thanking her as I dragged Nina through some halls.

"Shoot?"

"So I have a lot of Internet friends, and one of them just so happens to be a small time photographer who works for this bigger company. I pulled some strings, did a lot of begging, and now I'm putting you on a magazine because even my professional friends believe you're gorgeous enough and their model had to quiet the project early due to family problems." I explained and she stopped.