Chapter Twelve

"How was sex with your dream crush?" I asked Nina as we sat around the bus eating tacos.

"Literally all I thought it'd be and more." She laughed as she used a whole bottle of hot sauce on one. "That's just about as much as I'll tell you."

"Trust me, I don't want details. Save it." I retorted and she covered her mouth.

"So.. Rena said you're mad at them. What's up?" She asked and I snorted. "What did they do?"

"I'm not mad, just upset. They practically called me gay since I am the way that I am." I sighed and then rolled my eyes. "It's not an insult to be gay, but they just assumed. You know I hate when people assume things about me."

"Yeah, I know. But you shouldn't be too mad. They didn't know." She rubbed my arm and I nodded as I sighed. "I know, let's watch Disney!"

"Jasmine!" I shouted as she grabbed her laptop from her bunk since we were sitting in the walkway. "Let's watch Aladdin."

"He was my first crush ever. Literally my favourite Disney prince." She told me and I laughed.

"I used to like Belle, she was my first crush. She was my dream girl... but she's into hairy beasts and I can't compete with that." I admitted and she laughed as she agreed as she put the movie on. She set it on the bunk across from us and I took a front of my water.

"Have you said anything controversial on Twitter lately?" Nina asked me and I looked at her.

"No, not really. I just tweeted about the concert and how I love Hey Violet but don't like the message in their music. Is that controversial?" I asked and she nodded.

"It can be, yeah."

"Fuck." I swore and she hit my arm. "Sorry." I rolled my eyes and she pulled her phone out. "Why do my tweets matter?"

"Cause drama." She sang and I huffed. "This is what happens when you get involved with the band."

"Yeah, I found that out when tweets from like two years ago came up again." I snorted and she agreed.

"Right? Make one joke about your best friend's weight and suddenly you're the biggest bitch in history of bitches." She rolled her eyes and showed me a picture.

"Oh, when you called me a fat ass and told me to eat salad?" I laughed as I read it. "Wasn't it because I was staying the night and forced you to give me a piggy back ride after we both ate like... seven hamburgers?"

"Yep." She nodded and I watched at the movie started playing. "My infamous Twitter rants about self-harm came up. Everyone hates me."

"I told you not to rant about things like that. The internet is full of sensitive people who can't take a joke." I tsk'ed before I took another bite of my food.

"I just don't think you should publically post about being sad or suicidal. Keep it to yourself. The people who really care, aren't going to just rerweet it and send you a few heart emojis. Go get some real help from people who can actually sit and talk to you face to face." She began her rant and I just nodded and agreed.

I tuned her out a bit and hummed as I took a drink of my water. "And that new TV series about that girl who killed herself? Shit, what a show to open up to impressionable kids." She clapped in irritance. "Apparently, people only care if you kill yourself, and apparently, it's okay to show triggering scenes like a girl taking razors to her wrists after a rough time. Way to go guys, really show the world how to deal with their problems."

"I'm watching Disney, sorry." I apologized and then looked and her. "You're red faced, Ni."

"I'm ranting and I'm mad." She took a drink of her tea and I nodded my head. "People irritate me. I hate people. The only people I don't hate, are on tour with us right now."