Chapter Ten

"Am I Mikey yet?" I asked as I pranced around the stage with his electric guitar in my hands. I didn't know what the hell I was doing, and when Michael seemed panicked, I realized I must have done something wrong.

"You're holding it upside down and the wire is tangled around the mic stand!" He shrieked and I stopped looking around, realizing if I stepped any further, I would have yanked the chord down and sent the mic stand toppling over.

"I'm sorry?" I said quietly and he unwrapped it. "I forgot there a chord that goes to the amps." I told him, feeling a bit guilty for almost destroying their equiptment.

"It's fine." He said and I nodded. "Don't worry about it. I just don't wanna break anything before a concert."

"Here-"

"No, you wanna make fun of me on stage, you gotta do a good job at it. Look." He said and stood behind me.

He fixed the guitar strap and everyone laughed. Arz and Crystal were recording us, cheering us on and saying we were sibling goals. I looked down at the guitar and Michael messed with a few dials, strumming the guitar.

I jumped as an extremely loud sound rang out and he laughed. "Press down on these strings, it's the simplest chord I know. Eminor." He said and I did as he said.

I strummed it and he cheered when it actually sounded good. "Up and down." He urged and I moved my strumming up and and down, creating a pattern.

"Yay Max!" Crystal said and I smiled as Michael jumped around, singing random lyrics.

"You gotta be energetic now. Michael is hyper as hell." Ashton called and I made made a disgusted face.

"Hyper? Energetic? I don't even wanna get out of bed." I said and he rolled his eyes as I stopped the strings from ringing out. I handed it to Michael and he showed me another chord to play.

"Strum down twice, up twice, then down and up." He said as he showed me a Gmajor chord.

My tongue peeked out of the corner of my mouth as I tried doing just that, and he clapped his hands as I did it. Luke took his guitar and played what sounded like notes that came to his mind just now.

Our friends danced around the stage and I tried jumping up and down as I kept focus on playing. I couldn't do it, so I kept to just standing still or walking around.

Crystal came up to me and I winked into her camera as she recorded me. She and Arz loved recording things, and if it didn't go on an Instagram or Snapchat story, it was saved to their phone and put on a digital frame. I shuld know, they made one for Nina and I for our 'friendship anniversary'. I have it at home by my bed.

Someone grabbed my arm and I jumped as they pulled me back. "You alright there? You almost walked off stage." Michael said and I blushed.

"I uh started thinking." I told him and then took his guitar off. "This is yours. You're the rockstar, I'm just the little brother." I told him and he rolled my eyes.

"No, you're not. You're more than that, just not publically. I don't want you to get hate and all that bad stuff." He told me and ruffled my hair.

"Why would your fans hate me?" I asked him and he shrugged. "I haven't done anything."

"I don't know bud, but there's always the handful who don't know how to be nice. I don't want you caught up with that. It took awhile for Arz and Crystal to get used to it and then ignore it all together. You're still young, you don't need that." He said and then fixed his guitar strap.

"Oh..." I said dumbly. So that's why his fans don't know about me yet. Mum and dad just tell me it's so I don't have the spotlight on me at school or when I go to the mall.