2

Mayleen's P.O.V

"Is anybody sitting here?" I look up to see the same guy from the morning.

"Uh, no." I say going back to the lunch I brought. He sat down across from me and began unpacking his lunch. "But I didn't say you can sit there. I just said nobody was sitting there."

"I won't get up now. I just got comfortable." I rolled my eyes and took a bite of my sandwich. Suddenly another guy that I haven't seen came up to us.

"Hey bro, you made a new friend I see." The guy sat down beside James and looked over at me. And I couldn't help but notice how similar they looked.

"Yeah, well technically no." He says throwing a smirk in my direction.

"You guys are twins." I say bluntly.

"No. You're wrong." The guy said. "We look alike because we're cousins and people always think we're twins, but we aren't. I'm Jared by the way." He says smiling.

"I don't care, by the way." I stand up and gather my things to leave.

"Where you going?" James asks standing up.

"None of your business." I say answering a little bit snarky.

"Damn, she is so feisty. Little feisty kitten." Jared passes by me and ruffles my hair leaving it a mess.

"Stop touching me!" I shout at him as he walks away.

I walk out the cafeteria and start walking to the library to finish the rest of lunch period.

I head to the back of the library once I enter and find a spot to sit down.

"Hey babe." I jump at the voice above me.

"Hi." I look up and meet the gaze of the one and only, my ex. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh you know, just here to pass time. You?" He says still standing and smiling down at me.

"Andrew, I'm done with you. You have nothing to do with me, so don't think I need to answer." I stand up ready to leave, but he pushes me against the wall and blocking my ways of escape with his arms resting on the wall beside my head.

"May." His breath fans my cheek and I grow extremely hot. "I never forgot what we had."

"Me either." I whisper closing my eyes suddenly enchanted by his words.

He chuckles and I feel his breath lingering on my lips. I open my eyes to meet his icy stare.

"I like you." The words roll off his tongue as if it were venom. His stare making me uncomfortable I decided to agree with him, I lost all feelings for him when he started dating my best friend. Or should I say ex best friend.

"I like you too." I mumble staring back into his eyes. A sea of caramel I've never forgotten, that I was willing to forget. But couldn't.

Andrew starts to laugh throwing his head back. What did I say? Was it something funny? All I said was, I like you too?

"You really think I would like somebody like you? Never. I never did." He grips my face tightly holding it close to his. "You're fat and ugly. A s-l-u-t. I would never like you."

What? The tears started rolling down my cheeks as if it were something I couldn't control. And I couldn't. I was hurt, from his words. Hurt because I thought he liked me, hurt because of what we spent together and he didn't mean any of it.

"Hey!" A voice called out from behind Andrew. I thought it was the librarian but it was somebody, that once again, I haven't seen. "Leave her alone."

The guy was holding a cigarette in between his fingers and looking directly at Andrews back.

"This is none of your business little jerk." He growls to the guy as he releases the grip on my face and instead grips my arm while I let out a sharp cry. He turns around to face the other guy.

"I know its not my business, but I mean hurting a girl, really? That's very low. So if I were you I'd rather run."

"As if I would listen to you." Andrew loosens the grip on my arm and steps closer to the guy as I slide down to the floor.

"I know you don't know me, but if I were you, I would listen to myself." The guy throws his cigarette on the floor and smashes it with his foot.

"You know I wouldn't listen to a dumb person. You can't smoke in here, and since you're dumb you didn't know that." Andrews face grows red with anger as he says that.

"You want to know my name?" The guy leans on the wall and looks at Andrew curiously.

"What?" Andrew asks taken aback. "Why do I need your name?"

"Justin Camerinze." The guy, who is apparently Justin, has a smirk planted on his lips as he keeps looking at Andrew.

"Wha-aat?" Andrews face pales and starts taking steps back. I sit there in a daze listening to their conversation. "You mean Justin?"

"Yeah, the one and only. Want to keep talking?"

"No it's all good. I'll leave." Andrews scurries out the library into the hall.

The guy walks forward and crouches in front of me.

"Eh, you're okay. Have fun." The guy gets up to leave but I stop him.

"Wait!" He turns around and looks at me. "How did you scare him away?"

"Little girl, why don't you mind your own fucking business too. Don't think you and I are going to act buddy buddy because I saved your fucking ass. Don't talk to me even if it's the last thing you do."

°°°°°°°°°°°°

I want to make this book a good book. So I would really like it if you guys could recommend it to your friends and maybe get it out there. Thank you so much.

Please vote and comment.

GiGi🍇