1

Mayleen's P.O.V

I walked in the school with my head down, my hair covering my face. I didn't want no-one to notice that I was here, even though class already started, or else my daily routine would start.

And I didn't want it to.

But not everything goes as planned and how I want it to go.

"Oh look who appeared." I heard her voice from behind me before feeling the pain of her yanking my hair.

"Ow!" I screamed.

"Does it hurt? Does it Mayleen?" She said my name with so much venom and I still didn't understand why.

"Leave me alone Nesha." I turned around to face her. She stood there with her hands on her hips. "Leave me alone, I don't understand why you hate me so much. What did I ever do to you?"

"Hah." She scoffed. "Why are you so stupid and dumb. You know what you did to me Mayleen." She walked closer and closer.

"I don't." I said before gulping, once she was inches apart.

"Mayleen Carson, the smart girl doesn't know what I'm talking about. That's a first." Her hands came up and rested on my shoulders. "Mayleen, You better take care of yourself because how I dropped you from miss popular to miss loser, I'll do that to your life. I don't care about you. I never did."

"Nesha." I choked out her name with the tears already forming in my eyes.

"What? Do you feel bad? Sad? Hurt?" She raised her arm and I already knew what she was going to do. "This is what hurt feels like."

I should have felt it coming, as soon as she slapped me, as my head went to the side, I felt the taste of metal. I shrunk to the ground feeling vulnerable.

"Like I said before, take care of yourself. You don't know what I'm capable of. No matter how much you think you know me." With that said Nesha walked away the clacking of her heels fading away.

Useless. That's what I am, I can't even stand up to Nesha who keeps on bullying me day and night.

"Why?" I looked up to see the source of the male voice.

"Why what?" I stood up wiping away the tears that escaped.

"Why do you let her do that to you?" He asked.

"We were playing. Its what friends do right?" I lied.

"You don't have to lie, I saw everything that happened. She's not your friend, she's your enemy." He came closer to me.

"I don't even know you so there's no reason for me to talk to you." I turned around to leave but stopped in my tracks at what he said.

"You know I'm here for you right." I wanted to hear those words ever since this started. But I never did until now. "That's if you want to talk to me. I am new here so it would be great if I had a friend."

I gulped before replying. "I don't need a friend. You're a dumbass if you think I did."

"James. That's my name, if you wanted to know. Now I'm leaving because apparently I'm a dumbass."

I heard him walk away and didn't dare turn around.

I don't need a friend. Friends just stab you in the back and leave.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hope you all liked this first chapter. Please vote and comment.

GiGi🍇