10

Mayleen's P.O.V

"This?" I step out the changing room and in front of Jasmine and James.

"Yes!" Jasmine squeals and I smile and look behind her and see James shaking his head 'no' and I frown. Jasmine then turns to look back at James. "Shut the fuck up James. Is that what you're going to keep saying until we leave and go find clothes for you?"

"Yes." He closes his eyes but then opens them back up. "I mean no. Ugh! You guys take a long time finding clothes." He sits in a chair and closes his eyes again. "I'm going to take a nap."

"Fine." She turns to look at me. "Let's look for more clothes."

"Ok." I go back in and change from the dress I have on and to my normal clothes.

We shopped the whole day until evening and we bought lots of clothes for me and some clothes for James.

"Man, that was tiring." James sighs as we head into Jasmine's house. "Shopping for the whole day is very, very tiring."

"See James, never make fun of a women's job." Jasmine says going up the stairs dragging me with her. "I'm going to show May something, you stay down here."

We head into her room and sit down on her bed.

"So what did you want me to see?" I ask.

"You know May, I see how everyday you put on a mask and try to hide your feelings at school. But when you're with me and James and sometimes Justin, you break into laughter and smile almost all the time." I stare at her as she stares right back at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I look away feeling my chest tighten.

"May! Stop pretending to be the nice girl and stand up for yourself. I want everybody to see what you're really capable of and see what I see. Because I see an amazing chick with a nice laugh and nice smile with a very nice body that I wish I had." I feel a tear roll down my cheek and smile. This is a true friend. A best friend. "So don't let anyone ruin what you are and fake being something else, not even that bitchy ass Nesha. Oh my gosh, I hate her!" I laugh at her.

"Thanks for everything you said, it was something I really wanted to hear. Someone, a true friend, talk about me with such passion." I feel another tear roll down my cheek. "She didn't talk like that about me, I really treasured her because she was my best friend almost like sisters since we grew up together. We talked about everything together until she slowly stopped hanging out with me, stopped texting me, stopped talking to me, and then that's when it all started. When she accused me of..." I sucked in a sharp breath and unable to contain all the tears I was holding in, I let them all fall. They rolled down my cheeks like a waterfall. "I don't want to be me." I whispered closing my eyes.

"It's okay May, if you're not ready to talk about that it's fine. I didn't want to pressure you into telling me, but I just hate seeing you be the punching bag of the whole school. But either way what went down with you and her can't stop what you want to do, what you want to become, because falling down is an accident. Staying down is a choice. Show all of them what you got and who their messing with."

"And I'll be with you during the whole journey." I open my eyes to look at James in the doorway. "You can cry along the way because perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while, so that we can see life with a clearer view again. Yeah we all have our bad and good days but that doesn't prevent you from enjoying your life."

"Yeah but life's a bitch." I say sniffing.

"Of course life is a bitch. If it was a slut, it would be easy." Jasmine says and I can't help but smile.

"Come on, don't be scared." James says leaning on the doorway.

"I'm not scared, I just have fear of what she's going to say about me." I bury my face in my hands.

'Fear has two meanings, forget everything and run or face everything and rise. Which one are you?" Jasmine asks.

"Face everything and rise."

"That's my girl!" James walks over and gives me a hug and Jasmine jumps on us and we all tumble on the bed.

**************
Sorry for a late update. Please vote and comment.

Read my other books.

GiGi