9

Mayleen's P.O.V

"May." I groan turning away and covering my head with my pillow as I hear my moms voice. "May, honey, get up."

I roll over and fall off the edge of the bed making me open my eyes.

"Well honey, we're sorry we couldn't go with you to the mall and go shopping. But we'll be back in the night and maybe we could have a family movie night."

"Yeah." I get up rubbing my head. "Can I go out for some fresh air while you guys are gone?"

"Sure. But don't stay out too long." She kisses my forehead then turns away and leaves.

I lay back down in bed grabbing my phone from the nightstand, and instantly see multiple texts from James.

I laugh at his texts and stand up to get ready. I walk to my closet and pick a pair of grey baggy sweats and a white short sleeve shirt. I change into them and right when I'm about to put my white converse a car honks outside. I walk over to my balcony and open the door to see no other than James and Jasmine in their car. Jasmine waves at me and James looks up and waves at me too.

"Good morning darling!" She shouts.

"Hey! I'm still not ready! I'll be down in five!" I shout back to her and she gives me a thumbs up. I walk to my bathroom and brush my teeth and my hair after my teeth. I grab my phone and head downstairs, I grab an apple from the fruit basket and grab my keys and walk to the front door and walk out locking it on the way. I head towards the car and get in the backseat.

"Wassup guys." I buckle myself as James pulls out of the driveway.

"Hey cutie!" James looks at me through the rear view mirror.

"Hey James." I lean forward and look at Jasmine."Heeeey Jas."

"Sup girl." She turns in her seat and looks at me. "You know our adventures at the mall are going to be fun from now on since we have another girl."

"But I bet it was always fun with only having you?" I question.

"It was not fun, it was fucking stressful." James parks in the parking lot of the mall and turns the engine off as we unbuckle ourselves.

"It was fun." Jasmine whispers tome as we both get out the car and I start to chuckle.

"I heard that Jas." James comes up beside us as we walk to one of the many entrances of the mall.

"Wait." Both James and I stop and turn to look at Jasmine who stopped behind us. She looked me up and down and then looked up at my face. "Honey, we've got a lot to shop for. You're my friend now and I'll protect you from everybody. And that also means that your whole style is got to change for you to change how you act at school." She grabs my shoulders making me look into her eyes. "You're no longer going to be the schools punching bag, understand Mayleen?"

I feel the tears start to well up as she tells me and I nod.

"Don't start to cry, we have lots to do. Right James?" We both look behind her to see no James. "Where did he go?"

"Maybe to the food court?" I suggested.

"You're right? Let's go." We head to the food court to see James ordering at Chick-Fil-A. I walk behind Jasmine who is speed walking towards James.

"Dumbass, why are you here?" Jasmine whisper yells to him.

"I was hungry and you guys were having a girl to girl, friend to friend moment." He says shrugging receiving his change from the pretty female cashier who gave us a stink eye.

"

What?" Jasmine snapped at her. "You've got something to say with that little look you're throwing me and my friend?" She gave her time to answer and when she didn't Jasmine smiled sweetly. "Thought so."

"Here's your order sir." The cashier handed James his order and we took a seat at a table in the back.

"Wow Jas, way to improve on your anger issues." James laughs as he takes a bite from his sandwich.

"I did improve, but didn't you see how she was giving me and May the stink eye?" She turns to me and asks me. "Did you?"

"Yeah, I was going to say something but I'm not usually mean." Anymore, I thought.

"May, that's what you got to start on for today and tomorrow so on Monday, you will enter strong to school and face those bullies."

"You're right. First, change my style. Second, change the way I speak to others. And third, become bad ass." I look at James and Jasmine. "I just came up with the third one."

"Well it sounds like a plan." She smiles. "Let's start."

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Update. Thanks you guys for supporting this book and please comment and vote.

Thank you!

Please check out my other books.

GiGi🍇