12

Mayleen's outfit above.

Mayleen's POV

I didn't feel really confident with the outfit I had laid out on my bed. Jasmine and I picked it out yesterday, after our talk, for it to be my first outfit of a new chapter in my life. I always wore baggy clothes, it's been almost a year and a half that I wore something like this.

I take a deep breath and drop my towel from around my body and begin to get dressed.

I was waiting in the living room for Jasmine and thinking about my parents who never came home yesterday and later called me that they were going back to who knows where to finish another job.

I hear a honk outside and look out the window and see Jasmine waving at me. I wave back but make no attempt to move from the spot I was sitting at.

"Come out!" She shouts and I rapidly nod my head 'no'. "I'm going to go inside and drag you out!"

My eyes go wide as she gets out the car and walks to the door and I suddenly remember it isn't locked. Damn.

"May!" She walks in the living room and looks at me. "Aww! You look so gorgeous! I did my job well, oh my gosh. I'm so proud of you!" She rushes to hug me and I hug her back smiling. "But now you have to go to school." She grabs my hand and begins dragging me out my house.

Once we're out I lock the door and walk quickly to the car so nobody could see me.

"Why are you walking so fast!" Jasmine shouts from behind as I get in the back of the car.

"Oooo, Cutie! Looking cute as your name." James wolf whistles and I look down and fidget with my fingers.

"Damn May."Jasmine gets in the car and looks back at me. "Why did you like run?"

"I don't want no one to see me. It's been like a long time since I wore something like this and I'm really self-conscious about my body."

"Your body is perfect, don't feel like it isn't. You are gorgeous."

I smile, and then realize Justin isn't here. "Where's Justin?"

"Oh, he went walking to school." James responds. "Jasmine and him had a little fall out yesterday. But he's good and Jasmine's good without him for right now."

"Oh." I sit back and try to calm myself out before going to school.

"We're here!" Jasmine shouts and looks back at me smiling."Ready?"

"Ready." I say feeling more confident than I thought I would.

"Our motto is: Stay classy, sassy, and a little bad assy." Jasmine says as we all get out the car.

"Let's go cutie." James puts his arm over my shoulders like always. We start walking to the front door and when we enter all eyes are on me.

"Damn cutie, making all the guys drool already." James whispers in my ear.

I smile and keep my head up. Confidence? Check.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Ms.Loser." And my morning had to be ruined. "With a hot guy and a beautiful girl. How did you possess them?"

"We're her true friends, ma'am." James says.

"I'm not old!" Nesha screams.

"What do you want Nesha?" I ask her surprisingly calm.

"Now you want to talk back to me? What are you? Don't think just because you dressed like you used to means you're going to have all the guys behind you like you always did."

"It's okay, I don't want all the guys behind me because I don't want to be you." I cross my arms standing my ground.

"What's that supposed to mean? That you don't want guys to want you? That's okay, no guy would want you anyway." She smirks laughing at her comment.

"I may not be the girl that everyone wants, but at least I'm not the girl that everyone's had." I smirk and she stares at me wide eyed. "Glad to know we're on the same page." I pat her shoulder as I walk past her.

"Good job May." Jasmine pulls me in a hug and I smile.

"Was I good?"

"You were great cutie." James once again puts his arm around my shoulders.

Starting off great. I can do this.

**************

Two chapters in one day!

Please vote and comment.

GiGi