14.Winners

"Are we just going to sit here all night, Bonnie? You're missing out on my amazing dance moves." Kol said as he sat next to Bonnie at a table. Bonnie was watching Elena and Elijah and Caroline and Klaus dancing.

"I'm not dancing with you Kol." Bonnie replied not looking at him.

"Come on sweetheart." He leaned in close to her and against her will, Bonnie's heart started racing. "You know you want to." He breathed.

"I said no." she said as she tried to keep her resolve.

Kol held up a finger. "I know what will change your mind. A better song to dance to." He got up and rushed off before Bonnie could stop him.

She saw him compelling the DJ. They changed the song and "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepson starting playing.

Bonnie shook her head in disbelief. "Seriously?" She muttered.

Kol came back over, grinning and pulled Bonnie to her feet. He dragged her to the dance floor.

She complained all the way until Kol put a finger on her lips.

"Just dance with me Bonnie!" He yelled over the music.

Bonnie looked over at Elena who nodded and mouthed "Go for it."

Reluctantly, Bonnie started dancing with him and after a while she stopped worrying and got into it.

In no time at all Bonnie was laughing at how ridiculous Kol looked dancing.

Kol took Bonnie's hand and twirled her around.

"Glad i'm your date yet?" He asked cheekily.

"Kol, you really have to be the most arrogant, self-centered person I have ever met."

"Yeah, but you love it. Don't you Bonnie?"

Bonnie blushed red and dropped her gaze.

Just then the song ended and in the pause before the next song Kol sensed his moment.

He leaned in to kiss Bonnie.

She saw what he was doing and pulled away saying, "Whoa."

Kol stepped back, embarrassed. "Sorry, I just felt-, it was -, I'm sorry." He stammered.

Bonnie rushed off to the bathroom. Klaus and Caroline saw the whole thing and Caroline chased after her. Klaus made his way over to Kol.

"Nice try, mate." Klaus said as he placed a hand on his brother's shoulder.

"Don't." Kol said icily and walked off to wait for Bonnie to come back.

In the girl's bathroom Bonnie was standing in front of the hand basin and Caroline walked in.

"Are you OK, Bonnie?" She asked.

"I don't know. Here you and Elena are telling me I like Kol. And then he's telling me I like him. Then he's leaning in to kiss me and I don't know if I want him to but maybe I do."

Caroline chuckled lightly. "Sounds like you do like him."

"But how? I'm supposed to hate vampires and he's-" Bonnie stopped abruptly, not knowing how to finish the sentence.

"Maybe you should give him a chance. I did with Klaus and I couldn't be happier."

Bonnie took a deep breath and turned to Caroline. "OK. If the moment comes again, I'll give it a shot."

Caroline nodded. The door to the bathroom swung open and Rebekah walked in and grinned when she saw the girls.

"Oh, hey! How is it going?"