2.

Claire Maureen Leonora Wilkes

“One more push, Wynn. He's almost here.” I said.

She pushed once more as the baby slid into my hands.

“He's just as handsome as your other two.” I spoke with a smile as tears ran down their faces.

“Who'd like to do the honors?”

“Rome.” Wynn and Mark spoke.

“I neva did this befo'.” He said.

“It's fine. I'll show you. Cut right here.” I said, pointing and handing him the proper scissors.

“Hea'?”

“Up a little.” I said.

He moved the scissors upward and looked at me for confirmation.

“Perfect.”

He cut the cord and held the sweet, little baby in his arms before placing him on Wynn's chest.

Soon after, the nurse took him to be cleaned, only to return soon after with the newborn.

“So, what are we naming this one?”

“Markus Roman Wright. Naming this one after Mark and Rome.” Wynn said, earning hugs from her husband and younger brother.

“I love it. Excuse me, guys, but I have leave now. If the chief finds out I'm exceeding my limit, I'm in trouble. Wynn, you'll be discharged in 2 days if we don't come across any problems in Markus's blood work, which I'm sure we won't.”

I looked at him again. “He seems to be doing fine, but you know I have to be sure.”

“Yes, ma'am. We know.” Mark and Wynn spoke in unison causing me to playfully drop my jaw and put my hand over my chest.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Chill, Dr. You know we don't trust anyone with our children except you.” Mark said.

“Well, I'm honored. If you'll excuse me, I have to get going now. Nurse Lynn will be back tomorrow with the blood work, and if you have any questions,--”

“Call you. We know.” They said, causing a smile to erupt on my face.

“That's why you guys are my favorites. You know me all too well. I'll see you guys when you're ready for the next baby.” I said, exiting the room.

“Quit playing!” Wynn yelled as I left.

“Excuse me, Miss.” A voice called out behind me.

I turned and noticed Rome.

“Yes? Is everything OK?” I asked, wondering what could've happened so suddenly.

“Everything is fine. Markus is great.” He said.