24.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! #21

As promised, here's the chapter.

Enjoy 😌

——-

Anonymous

Claire & Rome had their first dance.

They danced with each other, & with the other person's parent.

"You truly are an amazing young man," Angeline spoke as she & Rome danced together. "I see why she loves you. You treat her how she deserves to be treated & you love her in a way that she deserves to be loved. I'm happy you have her & I am blessed that she has you."

A tear escaped his eye as he listened to those words & thought back to how they started to how close they are now. She may not know it but she was really important to him.

She wiped his face & looked at him, "I love you, son."

"I love you, too, momma," he spoke, unable to stop the next tear from falling.

Claire looked at them as she danced with his grandma.

"He looks so happy," she smiled.

"He's happy because of you, sweetheart," Grandma Rose clarified. "I know a lot about my grandson & one thing I know for certain is that when he loves, he loves hard. & just by being around you, even if only for a second, I know that you love him, too."

Claire nodded as she cried. "I do."

"Fix your face, child," Grandma Rose smiled as she pat Claire's tears away. "I just need to know one thing," she said seriously.

Claire listened attentively.

"You're really gonna push out 13 kids for that man?" She asked, causing Claire to burst into laughter.

"Yes, ma'am. If it's 13 he wants, then it's 13 he shall get."

"Well, alright," Grandma Rose smiled. "I certainly don't mind babysitting," she said, pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you, grammy," Claire said & placed a kiss on her cheek. "I'm sure they'll love you."

"From the bottom of our hearts, we truly thank everyone for coming out to celebrate this special day with us. Everything was as close to perfect as it could get. I married the love of my life & now it's time for the party. My wife will be throwing that ass on me & I will most certainly be catching it," Rome spoke, causing everyone to laugh. "So if you think you'll be uncomfortable, we thank y'all for coming out & being with us. You got something to say, baby?"

Claire smiled & nodded as she took the microphone. "Like my husband said, we thank you all for coming but we're about to drink & turn up now, so if you want to turn up with us, you're definitely welcomed to stay."

"Whoo hoo!" Everyone cheered.

"Well, with that being said, let's party," Claire said as "Back That Azz Up" by Juvenile began playing over the speakers.

The couple danced the night away as it came to a close.

Everyone began said their goodbyes as they walked out the door.

"Have fun & be safe in Bali," Shannon spoke as she approached them with the bouquet in her hand.

As if it was fate, she caught the bouquet & Obediah caught the garter.

"We will. I love you! You were a great maid of honor," Claire spoke.

"You were a beautiful bride," Shannon spoke. "Now go get your back blown out & come back pregnant."