7.

You guys... I have been entirely TOO BUSY WITH MY LIFE. Every time I wanted to publish another chapter, something else came up.

Another thing is that I didn't think many people were reading my story or even cared for it until today when someone asked me to please update. Because of her, I'm going to try to make this chapter as long as I possibly can.

---

Claire Maureen Leonora Wilkes

"I'm truly sorry about that." I apologized to Rome as we ate lunch in the car while looking over the city.

"What's his problem? He want you or something?" He asked.

"Yes." I sighed, annoyed with the thought of him. "He and I used to date a long time ago. I thought I made it clear to him that he and I will never get back together, but I see I wasn't clear enough."

"Why ya'll break up?" He asked with a drink of tea following his question.

I leaned my head back against the seat as old memories flooded my head.

"My parents came to visit me once at work. They saw Michael, and automatically fell in love with him. Soon after, all of the conversations between my parents and me revolved around Michael and me needing a man. All I wanted to do was work hard enough to be chief resident or chief of surgery. All they wanted me to do was marry a rich, wealthy man and cater to him. Eventually, I decided to give Michael a try. He tried talking to me before, but I wasn't interested. Nothing was specifically wrong with him, but he just gave off a vibe that I wasn't comfortable with. Everything was fine in the beginning of the relationship. He came on a few vacations with my parents and me, which they invited him to. He talked about marriage a lot. He had ideas about where we'd live, everything."

"Mm." Rome said as he listened and continued to eat his sandwich.

"Then one day, I had a patient. Young woman, mid-twenties, very beautiful. She was only a few weeks pregnant. She told me about this very handsome and wealthy man whom she was going to marry. Continuing the typical kind of conversations I have with women who come in alone, I asked for a name. She said, 'Michael.' I didn't think too much of it considering how 'Michael' is a common name. She then told me that he was supposed come in for the appointment with her, but suddenly became sick. I guess that triggered her memory to check on him because she called him and put the phone on speaker. The phone rang a few times, then I heard the very familiar voice on the other end. She seemed overly excited about the fact that he answered the phone. 'Hey, baby! Are you feeling better,' she asked him. He said he was feeling a bit better then asked her which hospital she was in. 'Grace Memorial, where you work. Duhh. I'm here with the doctor, Dr. Maureen. She's really pretty. Maybe you've met her. Say hey to her,' she said. I said, 'Hey, Dr. Harrison. I didn't know you had a child on the way.' I kept the smile on my face as he stuttered on the other end. She laughed, oblivious as to what was going on. Then he hung up. I broke up with him that same day."

"Damn." Rome said. "That's fucked up."

"Yea. Then my parents forced us back together, then he cheated again that weekend, so here we are now." I said, looking at the city, completely unbothered.

"Did that girl have her baby?" Rome asked.

"No. Sadly, she lost it. Her body was going through too much stress. I believe her baby's father caused it."

Rome looked at me curiously, but said nothing.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that with me. Cheating is stupid. Why would you be in a relationship with someone if you're going to sleep with and talk to other people?" He asked, getting annoyed. "That's just a waste of time."

"I agree." I responded with a smile. "It's nice to know we have the same views about relationships."

He leaned in placed a kiss on my lips.

"You talked to your parents yet?" Rome asked.

"No. Not since my last visit." I said, putting a French fry in my mouth.

"i think you should talk to your parents, Lea. You think they'd want to have a grown, civilized conversation with you?" He asked.

"I don't, actually." I said. "They're too judgemental for civilized conversations."

"Mayb--"

"Babe, can I please just sit here and enjoy your company for the next 10 minutes we have together without talking about my parents?"

He sighed, but smiled soon after and nodded his head.

"Yea, bae. Whatever you want."

I smiled from ear to ear and pulled his face to mine, planting kiss after kiss on his lips as the butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

I didn't understand how my parents could think he was so wrong when everything about him felt so right, but I didn't think about that too much. All I wanted to do was enjoy being with my man, but that was soon ended.

We pulled up at the hospital soon after.

"You get off at 10:30 tonight, right?" Rome asked.

"Unless someone decides to go into labor at 10:31." I said.

"Lord, please save those beautiful babies until tomorrow." Rome prayed silently, causing me to laugh to myself.

"What time do you get off today?"

"Well, I actually have a couple more clients, then I have to lock up, so maybe 10, 10:30." He said.

"Lord, please let those tattoos be quick." I prayed silently to myself earning laughter from Rome.

"Playful." He said as he opened the door for me to get out.

"OK, baby. I'll see you tonight." I said.

"Yes, you will." He said, placing a kiss on my lips.

"And don't you be tattooing nobody's nasty bootys or stinky vaginas. Don't even think about going near the breasts." I said with pure seriousness in my voice.

"Ik, baby." He said, keeping his arms around my waist as he kissed me over and over again.

"I really don't want to let you go." He said, looking me in my eyes.

"You can hold me as long as you want tonight. I promise." I said. "I'm going to be late, baby." I giggled as he pulled me closer and kept kissing.

"Be late, then." He said, now placing a kiss on my neck.

"You're getting something started." I said.

"Get back in the car and let me finish it, then." He said now kissing the other side.

Enjoying his tongue on my neck, I finally broke out of his embrace.

"You'll see me tonight, baby. I promise." I said, placing one last kiss on kiss lips before walking away.

"I can't wait."
--

I like this chapter. Ideas were coming so fast, so I had to type fast, so excuse any mistakes.

I'm on a cruise right now, so I'm not sure when the next update will be, but depending on how well this chapter does, I PROMISE I'll try to update it soon.

This one is for_Toni_Tiger and, of course, my very loving boyfriend.

Vote