16.

Hi, guys 👋🏽

——-

Anonymous

He turned & faced their family. "We're getting married!"

Their family skated over, hugging them, while some members fell down in the process, not knowing how to skate.

"Congratulations, sweetheart," Angeline spoke as she placed her hands on Claire's face. "He's an amazing man."

"Thank you, mom," Claire spoke, hugging & unable to contain her tears.

This was very unexpected for her, so seeing that her family was there to support made her emotionally happy.

"Baby, I have someone I want you to meet," Rome said. "This is Rose. Rose, this is my fiancé, Claire." He said, introducing the two.

"Wait," Claire said. "This is Rose? The Rose?" She asked, excitedly.

"Yes," he smiled. "Grandma, this is my baby."

"It is amazing to finally meet you, sweetheart. I've heard so much," Rose said.

"Good things, I hope," Claire smiled, knowing she was in the presence of a legend. "It's lovely meeting you, too."

Grandma Rose is Rome's father's mother. He spoke very highly of her & Claire knew he adored her.

After talking for a while, Rose was ready to head back to her hotel.

"It was amazing meeting you, suga," she said to Claire before Rome walked her to her car.

"I like her. She's smart & she's cute. How the hell did you end up with her?" She asked playfully, causing Rome to laugh.

"I'm blessed, Grandma."

"You sure are, suga. I wish I could stay longer, but my old bones ain't meant for this hea weather."

"I'm sorry about that, grandma," he smiled. "When you going back to Hawaii?" He asked.

"I leave in a week. We can spend all the time you want together," she said, kissing him on the cheek.

"I look forward to it," he smiled.

Claire Maureen Leonora Wilkes

"This is Christian, Carter, Calvin, & Seven," LJ said, introducing Rome & I to his children. "And this is my lovely wife, Melanie."

"Hi, it's great to meet you!" She said, hugging me tightly. "Say hi, kids."

"Hi!" The young boys spoke.

"Hi," I responded, smiling at how they spoke in unison. "How are you, little one?" I asked, bending down to the height of the baby girl.

Instead of responding, she ran behind her father's legs & stuck her finger in her mouth.

"She's shy, but she'll come around," LJ assured.

"They're all very beautiful," I said, looking at the four small children again.

"Thank you. Congratulations again," Melanie responded. "You guys wanna skate?" She asked before following her children onto the ice.

"Claire! Ro!" Shaq yelled, as he approached us with a small family of his own. "Congratulations, sis," he said, hugging me, then dapping & hugging Rome.

"Thank you," I said. "And just who might you be?" I asked, speaking to the little girl.

"Eva!" She smiled happily. "Are you me auntie?" She asked.