18.

Sorry this update took so long. I kept thinking about adding another scene, but nvm.

Enjoy!
——-

Claire Maureen Leonora Wilkes

"Another drink?"

"Yes, please," I said to Shannon. "This is good. Where did you get it?"

"Lena!" Shannon yelled into the kitchen. "Bear wants to know where you got this wine from."

"A friend," Lena replied, sticking her head out the doorway. "He gave it to me a few years ago. I never opened it, but I figured this was a proper occasion."

"Mm. Is this friend who I think it is?" Shannon asked.

Lena poked her head back into the kitchen before answering. "Yes, but we're cool now. We were fine with the fact that we weren't meant to be. The wine was a parting gift."

She returned to the den with two trays. One had snacks of candy, popcorn, & everything to keep us up all night. The other had pasta, breadsticks, and 2 more bottles of wine. She went back into the kitchen and returned with the hard liquor.

I'm definitely getting fucked up tonight.

"Who is this friend?" I asked, looking back & forth between the two of them & grabbed a bowl of pasta.

"Jordan. We dated for a while, & though it was good, something was missing," Lena answered, taking another sip of her wine & biting her bread.

"And what was missing was...?" Shannon asked.

"Excitement. He was kind, gentle, & sweet, but we never did anything spontaneous. He didn't even like walking barefoot on the beach because he was afraid we'd "step on poisonous creatures," she said with air quotes. "I need a man I can fuck leaning up against the 12th-floor window of a hotel in a crowded city. Someone who laughs with me while we're trying to find a place to park for car sex, ya know?" She said.

"So both he & the sex was boring?" I asked.

"Yes! I just didn't want to sound cruel saying it," she said, laughing as there was a knock on the door.

"Hey, ladies! How are y'all?" Shannon asked, letting the women in.

"Hey, ladies!" Melanie & Anquyanette, who went by "Anette" spoke, hugging everyone.

"How you feeling, Judith?" Shannon asked.

"I'm fine, but I feel like I'm about to pop," Judith said with a laugh

"Bear, this is Judith, Lance's wife. Judith, this is Claire, but we call her "Bear," Shannon said.

"Got it," she said, laughing. "It's really nice to meet you, Claire. Lance has told me a lot about you."

"And me you. How many months are you?" I asked.