22.

Anonymous

Having the day off, Claire wandered around without a specific room destination.

She turned on some music as she cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. She then headed to the bedroom to tidy up.

Rome wasn't a messy man to live with, however, he had the tendency to take his clean clothes out of the dryer & throw them in the desk chair. He always said he'd fold them, but he "never got around to it."

Claire folded his clothes and opened his drawer to place the clothes inside. Smelling weed, she took out the baggie & held it to her nose.

"Baby," she said after Rome answered his phone.

"Yea?"

"This weed in your drawer, is it good?"

"Yea. Wayne grew it. Why?" He asked curiously.

"I'm about to smoke it."

"What?" He asked, laughing.

"What's funny?" She asked. "I'm about to smoke it."

"When you learn how to roll?" He asked.

"I didn't, but I've seen you do it plenty of times. I got it."

"I know you got it, baby. I can't wait to see it. I'm pulling in the driveway now." He spoke.

"Ok, babe," she responded before hanging up. She grabbed his backwoods before going to the living room. She opened the curtains, letting the light of the sunrise shine through.

She kicked her feet up while sitting on the floor with her back against the wall. Rome placed a kiss on her cheek before taking a quick shower. Afterward, he returned, sitting on the floor next to her & placing her feet in his lap.

Rome watched in silence as Claire placed the weed inside the wood. Completely infatuated, he stared at her in disbelief that he was about to marry her in 3 days. Her tongue lightly wet the paper using just the right amount of spit.

She was oblivious to him staring at her, but he was in his own world looking at her beauty. From the way her hair fell in her face, the way she blinked, everything. He loved every bit of it.

"Babe, here," Claire said for the third time. "I've been trying to hand you this blunt for like 3 minutes." She laughed. "You ok?"

"My bad. I'm good, baby," he said, inhaling.

"Well, how did I do?" She asked, releasing smoke from her lips.

He looked at the blunt carefully before responding. "You did, good, baby." He smiled, genuinely surprised. "Gimme a kiss."

She smiled as she leaned in to kiss him. Instead of returning the gesture, he blew smoke in her face, causing her to laugh.

"You're so bogus for that." She laughed, kissing him anyway.

"How was work?" She asked.

"Pretty good. Nothing to brag about."

Claire & Rome engaged in random conversations and let the effects of the marijuana kick in.

"But listen, though," Rome said, "cereal is soup."

"But why do everybody call it cereal, then?" Claire asked, handing the blunt back to Rome.

"Because they don't know any better. Me, an intellectual, I know better." Rome spoke.

"Mm," Claire said with red, low eyes.