chpater 2-i disrupt patrol duty

Annabeth

"Hey Percy, want to go for a sparring match?" Percy hopped up and opened a closest in his cabin, "sure let me just grab my gear."

----during the same time---

Artemis.

Artemis leaned against a tree on a hill overlooking her camp of huntresses, she took a shaky sigh and slowly walk down but keeping a watchful eye on the perimeter.

Recently, and without a reason she could think of monster attacks have becoming more regular on her Hunt, so much so that even the goddess herself began to tire a bit, a fourth of her huntresses were in the infirmary resting from battle wounds, another half are almost always out hunting and gathering food, while the last half stay and guard camp, but recently the numbers of hurt and wounded have been slowly growing.

If it went on for another week, it was either go without food for a little bit or have a better guard on her starving, out of commission hunters. Thalia her best lieutenant was doing her best to multitask, but it wasn't enough.

Artemis would go to Olympus and report all of this but the last time she left briefly a monster platoon attacked right as she left almost like they watched and waited for her to leave, and her hunters barely survived that.

She didn't know what it was but the monsters also became irregular, they were becoming more organized and strategic, their armor and weapons are almost of Olympus quality. Instead of just the angry and rash beasts they've always been they seemed to be collective, as if someone is training them and giving them lessons on table manors.

A flash from within the camp drew her away from her thoughts and she looked up to see who it was and her and the rest of her hunters knelt. "Father, what can I do for you?" Artemis said.

"Rise daughter and followers, Artemis, I must have a word with you." Zeus said, or more like demanded but she gestured him towards her tent.

"You haven't reported to Olympus in quite some time, daughter." For whatever reason this pissed Artemis off, maybe it was the fact her forces were being stretched thin, or it could've been because she was tired. "Father did you not look around when you arrived in my camp? A good some of my hunters are in the infirmary and those who aren't have cuts and bruises but are still helping out. I couldn't go to Olympus because I fear for my Hunts lives. Another week of this atrocity and brutality and my huntresses will either have to go without food or without protection. " Artemis got a little light headed and sat down "even I am beginning to tire, father. The monsters they-"

"I know, daughter" Zeus cut in. "I have thought on this matter for a while, I've sent scouts everywhere to see if monsters or astray demigods are being cultivated for an army against Olympus but they have found nothing, even Hermes and he's the eyes and ears of Olympus. All was reported is what you say, they are getting smarter, and their weapons are getting more dangerous. "

There was a second of silence as Artemis and her father thought. "Shall I prepare to go to Olympus so we can restock and heal fully?" Artemis hoped he would say yes but he shook his head. She snapped back at him "should we just stay here until the monsters dig our graves for us!?"

Zeus raised his hand, "peace, Artemis, Olympus is too far of a journey for that many wounded. I'd suggest camp half blood, it is still a journey but its a safer bet." Zeus was striking his beard ams thinking as if he had a different idea. "For now I flee back to Olympus, I wish to talk to my 2 brothers and Athena about this matter. " Artemis wanted to ask why but he stood up and buttoned his pinstripe suit jacket and flashed out.

Artemis shifted her feat in disappointment. She never really liked camp half blood, too many males to hit on her girls. Sure it was the same on Olympus but at camp their arrogance and stubbornness is 10 fold.