Chapter 13-the world crumbles before Perseus Jackson

Artemis

quickly after the Hunters ushered by returned from the dead companion to the infirmary, Thalia and Percy carried Annabeth away privately, and coming back shortly after with her body wrapped in a shroud of Athena.

No one said a word to Perseus or Thalia.

Two of the most powerful half bloods and if anyone said anything against them, Artemis had the feeling they would kill them and she wouldn't be able to stop them. But never the less they had reports to give to her father, plus questions that needed to be answered, like for one, who was that man and why did he say that Percy was his son, and what was that power Percy used.

After burning the shroud and letting everyone paying their respects Artemis gave the heads up, "Alright, I know things are...well bad...but we have to continue on. War never sleeps, sleep well because we are running straight for New York tomorrow with no stops to give a report to my father. Percy, I'd think of what you're going to say since you've been to their base." Percy gave a slight nod which kind of hurt Artemis, she was hoping for some sort of 'Percy' like thing, a mock salute or something.

Everyone else went to bed and Artemis stayed for a second, she sat beside her guardian not saying anything, his eyes were locked on the camp fire and instead of a happy green, they seemed dark....and broken.

"you should get some sleep, Perseus." Artemis said softly, Percy however shook his head clearly not delighted by the idea, "every time I close my eyes I see her die...every time it goes quiet I hear last breath....I don't want to sleep." gently, Artemis placed a hand on his shoulder rubbing small circles, "What will you do then if you won't sleep?" Percy stood up and turned his back to the fire, "I'm the guardian of the Hunt, so I'll guard it."

"Percy....you aren't thinking of doing something reckless are you?" Artemis said suddenly standing up with him, He shook his head quickly, "Artemis....by my life not another person in this Hunt will die, not while I can stop it." And he ran off toward the border of their camp.

Artemis was completely in shock, she honestly thought Percy would go all revenge and go look for the man who killed Annabeth...but instead it only made him stronger in a sense that He would protect each and every one of Artemis' hunters, and Artemis herself. The Goddess said a prayer for her guardian, worried about him and hoping that he would be able to catch even the slightest of peaceful sleep, and with that she retreated into her tent and slept into the land of Morpheus.

They awoke next morning around eight and began running toward New York and got there around 4 in the afternoon,  thankfully the mist provided cover for them and no one asked questions as a bunch of fully armed girls and one man plowed through the Empire State Building. It took a couple of full elevator rides but eventually they were up on Olympus, "Alright girls, gear down and relax at my palace, Percy you and I will make for the throne room." Again Percy only nodded and they walked toward the place where He was sworn in as Guardian.

Artemis fell in step with Percy trying to get a read on his facial expression, "Percy...I-"

"Save it, Artemis. You have no idea what I'm going through right now." he snapped back, Artemis roughly punched his shoulder, Percy turned with an emotionless expression, "Then tell me Perseus."

Percy took a breath, "Like I said, the memory of Annabeth is on replay and it isn't stopping and also..." He looked down at his hands. "I'm having flickers of memorys of myself that aren't mine."

"Show me Percy." Artemis ordered, she placed three fingers on her guardians head and she was sucked into his memories, she stood behind a hooded man who rested a sword on his shoulders, turning around the face was Percy, but his eyes were completely wrong, what used to be sea green was now a brilliant black and white, he turned back around and Artemis started to notice the massive army that Percy stood in front of, he struck a stance and Artemis could feel his body rise, his body started to glow a red and wings made of solid power expanded out of either side of Percy's back.