Chapter 13

A/N: Dedicated to isabellasmith026  for her comment in the previous chapter which motivated me to update. Thanks isabellasmith026

Happy New Year, guys!!!

Jennifer's POV

I gasped, shocked.

James.

That voice. I can never forget that voice.

The voice that hunted my dreams when I was a child.

I turned and I faced him. He was dressed in a dark blue suit with a white tie and black button up shirt.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded, fixing him with an icy glare.

He laughed. "I was invited to this ball"

"What do you want?"

"What do I want? Sweetheart, I want a lot of things." He said taking a step towards me. I matched his step by taking a step backwards. " Jayden is not yours, a weakling like you can't lead an entire species. Do everyone a favour and stay away from him"

"What! He's my mate, even if I want to, I can't. I won't stay away from him"

" Oh, you wont. Let's see how much longer you can stand on what you said." He walked closer to me and I moved     backwards. Unfortunately, the universe was not on my side, as the back of my leg hits the bed and I fall. I quickly roll over landing painfully on the floor. I was yanked painfully by my hair, pulling me to my feet. I was slapped so hard that my head whipped to the side.

My God, that was painful.

"You little tramp, how dare you think I was making a request. I was telling you what to do." He said as he kneed me in my stomach. I bent over painfully as the metallic taste of blood filled my mouth.

I spat the blood on his face and he let go of me to wipe the blood of his face.

"That was disgusting" Rose said.

"I know, that's why I did it."

"You wench!!!" He yelled in outrage. He charged towards me and I grabbed his hand that was in a fist and I twisted it painfully as I flipped him over.

A resounding thud could be heard. I jumped over him as I tried to make it to the door. My leg was yanked and I fell painfully to the floor, hitting my head. My vision was blurry as I could see him and his twin. Infact, everything had a twin. Which made me wonder, do I have a twin too?

I couldn't process that thought as a punch landed on my face. He kicked me in the stomach as if he was kicking a ragdoll.

"Ouch" I groaned. That's gonna bruise, even with my werewolf healing.

I shifted to my wolf and I stood up on trembling paws. I gathered my strength and lunged at him. He caught my nozzle and brought my painfully to the floor. I could hear a crack. I think I just broke some of my ribs. He kicked me to the other end of the room as I crashed into a table leg. I shifted back involuntarily as my body was weakened. I could start seeing black spots in my vision.

He dragged me by my hair away from the table.

"I believe that my message has been delivered" He said as he dropped my hair.

That was the last thing I heard, before I let the darkness take me away from reality.

Jayden's POV

She's awake.

"What happened?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you" She croaked. I poured her a glass of cold water from the jug that was on a table. I helped her drink the water.

"Tell me" I insisted.

"Well, I got beaten by a guy like this, although I tried to defend myself, he was stronger than me, so I got injured."

"Wow! I thought you got these injuries by dancing with a ghost." I said sarcastically.

"So ghosts do exist. I knew it" She said.

"Damn it Jennifer! I deserve to know what happened to you!!" I yelled losing my temper.

"Don't worry about it, okay? I'm fine." She said. She touched my arm, trying to calm me down.

"You're fine now, but you might not be so lucky next time." I said. I looked into her eyes. "I don't want to lose you" I said as my voice cracked. I don't give a flying pineapple about how weak I sound right now.

She's my mate. She's supposed to see my good and bad, strong and weak, happy and sad, brave and scared. Heck, she's supposed to see my everything. I'm allowed to be myself with her.

"You won't lose me" she said softly.

"Then tell me. I want to protect you, Jennifer. I can't do that if I don't know how" I could see the fight in her eyes die as she sighed.

"Some guy just threatened me so that I'll stay away from you." She said looking down at her hospital gown.

"Threat? You call this a threat? He damn well almost killed you." I said as I raised my voice.

"Don't worry, I don't plan on staying away from you"

I calmed down as I hugged her tightly.

"You're crushing me" She mumbled. I released her. Recognition flashed in her eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm supposed to be mad at you. How dare you lock me in a room?"

"Love, that was for your own good. I can't have unmated males flocking around you."

"So you can have unmated females around you, eh? No problem."

"It's not like that"

"I'm tired, I want to rest." She turned away from me and lied down.

I sighed. I rested my head on the bed, beside her leg.

A/N: I'm so so sorry, for the very late update. I know some of you might want to kill me but please try to refrain from doing so.

School is starting, so I might not update for a while. Please bear with me and

Vote.
Comment.
Share.

Till next time...