The Final Goodbye

We wandered back to the common room and went to bed. I couldn't sleep that night. I kept thinking that I had to leave James tomorrow. I couldn't say goodbye to him again. I couldn't hear him snoring so I thought he was awake too. I turned over and looked at him. His eyes were watching me. My heart broke as I saw that he was crying. I gave him a hug and he gripped me tight, sobbing into my shoulder.

"It'll be okay, we will see each other soon." I said. He nodded and then looked at me.

"I will miss you so much, it is breaking my heart." He said and I kissed and hugged him. A shaft of sunlight was coming over the horizon and a warm glow became of the darkness of the room. I got out of bed and started packing my suitcase. I knew James eyes were watching me so I kept my back to him. If I looked at him, I knew I would well up.

"Ava?" Said James and I forced myself to look at him. I wished I hadn't, his face was so sad and I burst into tears. James ran over and held me.

"There is no getting out of this, we have to say goodbye." I said.

"No!" James wailed, like a toddler.

"Yes James, however hard it is." I replied and I continued packing, though tears were streaming down my cheeks. I got dressed as quick as I could, then it was time to go.

"Just remember, this will be the last time we will ever say goodbye to each other." Said James and he kissed me. I held onto him for as long as I could.

"I love you." I said, stepping into the fireplace. James held my hand tightly.

"I love you too." He said, dropping my hand and I threw the powder on the ground, yelling "27 Gosling Street!" I saw James's eyes flicker to mine and then I was spinning. I closed my eyes and pictured James's face in my mind.

"Whoa! Are you okay?" I heard Harry's voice and I opened my eyes slowly, regaining my balance. I looked at him, my cheeks still wet from crying.

"Hello sis." Said a voice I knew very well, but I hadn't heard in a long while. My eyes widened as the person walked into the room. I ran forward and hugged Alex like I never wanted to let him go.

"...so that's how I got back." Alex said. He had just finished telling us how he got out of Afghanistan, after the battle. I had been shocked to find out that he had been living this past three months in an old barn on the outskirts of France.

"Does Ariz know you are here?" I asked him.

"Yes, she told me you would be here." He replied. I nodded, then I realised something.

"You saw me come in through the fireplace didn't you?" I asked him and he looked at me, a small smile on his face.

"Yep, I know all about it." He said and I grinned with relief.

"So you know what James is?"

"Your boyfriend is a wizard!" Alex laughed and I smiled sadly. Ginny noticed as she came in with a cup of tea. She didn't say anything but she sat down beside me and stroked my arm. I looked at her and she smiled comfortingly.

"Does Ariz know?" I asked Harry and he shook his head.

"We thought it best that you told her." He said and I understood. After a while, Alex stood up.

"I think it is time to go, thanks for the tea." Said Alex and I got up too.

"It was our pleasure, it was nice to meet you." Said Harry and he shook Alex's hand. Ginny gave me a hug and we left.