The Queer Stranger

The months slowly passed and suddenly it was June, a month before I saw James again. I was feeling pretty cheerful as I got myself a bowl of cereal and thought about James leaving the train and running to me. It was a happy thought and I smiled. The doorbell rang and I sighed, but nothing could quench my happiness. I opened the door and was surprised to see a man in a long green robe. Only wizards wore them.

"Good morning, sorry to disturb." He had very nice manners and his white teeth winked as he smiled.

"I was just wondering if you knew a Mr. Potter. With glasses?" He asked and I nodded.

"He is at Hogwarts at the moment sir, terribly sorry. What did you need him for?" I said.

"I wanted to ask him some questions, it's for the greater good." He replied and he winked. I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you very much, madam. I will be on my way now." He said, bowing. He then turned down the street and with a swift wave, he was gone. I blinked, that was strange. I went back inside and thought nothing more about it. I had a day off today so I went around the house, not knowing what to do. Then Ginny and Harry came over.

"Something weird happened today." I said as we sat in the living room. I had just remembered the man at the door. I told Harry and Ginny what he had said and Harry sat up a little straighter in his seat.

"What did he say after you told him that James was at Hogwarts?" Harry asked, his face serious.

"He said he wanted to ask James some questions, for the greater good." I relayed. Harry gasped.

"The Greater Good?" He stammered, running his hands through his hair.

"What is it?" Ginny asked, looking worried.

"The Greater Good, that is Grindlewald's slogan!" Harry cried and Ginny's hands flew to her mouth.

"Who is Grindlewald?" I asked them.

"He was a very dark wizard who got beaten by Dumbledore." Ginny explained. I gasped.

"What do we do?" I asked Harry.

"Let's go to Hogwarts, we might be able to get some information!" Said Harry and he took my hand and Ginny's and he turned on the spot. I closed my eyes and when I opened my eyes, we were in Hogsmeade. Harry instantly started running towards the silhouette of Hogwarts on the hill. Ginny and I followed him and when we reached the vast wooden doors, Ginny bought out her wand and muttered a spell that made them open. We ran through and all the way up to the Gryffindor common room. Luckily, some kids had just gone out, so the door was open. Harry ran through first and the chattering from inside, stopped. I went in and saw a lot of kids, all staring at us in surprise.

"Does anyone know where James Potter is?" Ginny called into the room. The kids all looked at each other.

"Last time I saw him, he was down in the entrance hall with some bloke." Piped up a weedy kid, who looked about twelve.

"Then I looked out the window in charms and I saw him and the guy, in the grounds, they looked like they dissaperated." Said another. Harry looked worried. We thanked the kids and left Hogwarts. Once we had got out of the defensive line, Ginny stopped.

"Where would he take James?" She said. Harry turned to me.

"What did the man look like?" He asked me.

"Blonde hair, blue eyes, white teeth." I listed.

"Lockhart?" Ginny wondered, but Harry shook his head.

"He would be too old to look like that now, it must be his son!"

"What would Lockhart's son want with James?" I asked. I already knew who Lockhart was and what happened to him.

"Maybe he wanted revenge for what happened to his father?" Ginny said.

"He must want you, Harry! He didn't specifically ask for James." I said. I told him what Lockhart had said and he gasped and nodded.

"Lockhart said, for the Greater Good, Grindlewald. He could have taken James to Grindlewald's prison!" Harry said. He took my hand again and Ginny gripped onto mine. He turned on the spot and I suddenly felt the wind whipping around me. I opened my eyes and was blasted by a shower of icy spray coming from the sea below. I looked around, we were on a dark cliff-face. Next to us was a vast building, tall and black. Inscribed over the massive arch were the words 'The Greater Good'.