Game Prep

Short chapter. There was supposed to be more but I'm struggling with the basketball game scene so that's why this chapter is shorter.

Comments are appreciated and maybe they will help inspire me!

Until I find my magical inspiration, I will be editing all my stories. I'll let you know if and where I make any changes that actually matter at all.

~Saturday Morning.~

"He's clear to go." Dr. Midorima announced to the GOM and Seirin as he stepped out of Kuroko's hospital room. There was an audible sigh of relief.

"Now, I already told Seijuro and Shintaro, but I will tell you too. Nurse Yuki will be accompanying you in case of an emergency. There are some things to keep in mind. 1. Remember, he is still considered suicidal so no knives or rooftops or anything like that. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that though. 2. Avoid crowded places and contact with sick people. 3. He is not to be left alone or be out of sight at any point in time. Is that clear?" The doctor waited as everyone nodded their heads and murmured confirmations. "They will be out in a couple minutes then. I wish you all the best of luck." He nodded to the group and left.

"Alright everyone! If your name isn't Kagami or Izuki, follow me. We're heading out." Riko held her hand up as if preparing to charge out of the building and led the basketball players outside to the cars Akashi had provided so they wouldn't need to use public transportation or try to walk all the way to Seirin. Kagami and Izuki were going with the Kuroko, Midorima, and Akashi (much to Izuki's dismay).

~At the same time in Kuroko's hospital room.~

Dr. Midorima stepped outside after lecturing Akashi and Midorima and giving Kuroko the all clear.

"Hold the wheel chair still." Akashi ordered Midorima who was holding onto the wheel chair the hospital had provided. The red head gently put his arms underneath Kuroko and lifted him into the chair as if he was made of air. Kuroko didn't react. He hadn't reacted to anything all day any more than he had the past several days.

"I got the blankets." With Kuroko now in the chair, Midorima was grabbing the blankets and placing them over Kurokos lap. The March air was chilly for them but would be far worse for the smaller boy so they were making sure Kuroko would be bundled up. Wrapped up in one of Akashi's nicer soft jackets, a hat, scarf, gloves, and a blanket, he looked like he was heading out into a snowstorm and yet his skin was still cold and a shiver passed through him every now and then.

They finished making preparations and Akashi gave Kuroko a quick kiss on the lips. There was still no response, but the red head hadn't expected one. He straightened back up and pushed the wheelchair out of the room with Midorima close behind.

"Is everything ready?" Izuki questioned as the trio exited the room.

"Yes. Where is the nurse?"

"She's out front waiting." Kagami huffed. He was ready to get out of this stifling place. Hospitals were not a place he liked to be, and he hated them even more after his recent experiences with them.

They met the nurse outside and helped get Kuroko situated in the back of the limo. They had decided the limo would be best since it was more spacious and Kuroko could lay down and rest. With traffic, it would probably take 20 to 30 minutes to get to their destination.

"Let me know if you get too cold." Akashi placed a kiss on Kuroko's cheek and hit some buttons on a remote to turn up the heat. It might be a little warm for the rest of them, but that was okay.

It took more than half an hour to reach Seirin. There had been an accident on the already busy road causing traffic to be backed up. That was the downside of taking cars. At least Kuroko had been able to sleep.

"We have arrived Seijuro-sama." The driver announced as he opened the door for them.

Everyone else was already in the locker rooms with the exception of Riko, Kasamatsu, and Takao, when they arrived. Kise had dragged his captain along for some unknown reason and Takao was there to play referee. Akashi placed one last kiss on Kuroko's forehead before heading to the locker rooms with the others and leaving Kuroko with the nurse and Kasamatsu.

The GOM changed into their blue shirts and basketball shorts quietly. The first one to speak was Akashi once everyone was dressed.

"Gather around." He commanded. Aomine was glad he sounded more like himself today.

Everyone gathered and waited but Akashi didn't say anything.

"Oi! Akashi?" Aomine waved his hand in front of the red heads eyes and Akashi grabbed his wrist.

"Do you mind, Daiki." He hissed. Daiki pulled back.

"Well you weren't saying anything so I thought you were zoned out. You told us to gather so I figured you intended to say something."

"I did, but there isn't much for me to say really. You all know what is at stake here and what the goal is."

"Then lets not say anything. I don't mind not being yelled at before a game for once." Kise butted in with a big grin.

"I'm sure we can find something to yell at you for before the match starts." Midorima's tone was dead serious causing Aomine to laugh. Murasakibara had an amused look, Akashi grinned just a little, and Kise pouted. The mood in the room lightened a bit.

"Midorimacchi is mean. Do something Akashicchi!" The blond whined. Akashi raised an eyebrow but didn't comment.

The red head grabbed his towel and water bottle and opened the door. "Let's go guys. We have a game to play." He walked out and the others followed.