Ariel Or Celebrations

Hi everyone, I hope you have enjoyed your weekend so far! Here is another chapter which I really enjoyed writing. :) All the love, Summer xxx

The whole living room was buzzing with different conversations and laughter. Anne and Gemma had already fled the scene and had decided to stay at one of Gemma's friend's place tonight to give Harry some freedom. My mum had also already said goodbye in the late afternoon because she had Sally waiting for her at home and she didn't want to ask her neighbours to feed her for another day.

I was currently standing in the kitchen where I tried to decide on what food I should eat out of the wide selection that everyone had brought. "I would go for the pasta salad, Sara always makes the best one." I heard a voice behind me. When I turned around, Leslie was grinning at me and I nearly dropped my plate when I tried to place it on the table to hug her. "Leslie, it's so good to see you! It's been a while!" I squealed and pulled her into a tight hug, while she laughed into my shoulder. "It's good to see you, too, kiddo. How have you been?" she asked me and joined me at the table where she stared to pile food onto her plate, as well.

"Good, good. It's been tough without Harry here, but you can get used to anything, right?" I said and pulled a face. She gave my arm a light squeeze and nodded. "I can imagine that, but I am glad you're doing well apart from that." she said with a warm smile and added the highly praised pasta salad to the wild mix on her plate. "Wanna go over to the living room or outside?" she asked me and when I nodded, I followed her back to where the rest of the group was chatting and laughing. 

Fortunately, I saw a lot of familiar faces which definitely helped me with my anxiety and I quickly made my way through the crowd to the patio outside where I joined Leslie at the table. When I looked up, Ed was grinning at me from the other side of the table. "Claire, my friend, how are you doing?" he asked me with a wide grin and popped a tomato into his mouth. "I'm doing very well now that I am graced with your presence." I replied with a wink and he chuckled and placed a hand over his heart. "I can feel the love radiating off you." he commented dryly and I laughed in reply. 

"So this is where you disappeared to." Harry's deep voice suddenly said behind me, making me jump and accidentally spill my wine over my food. "Harry, you idiot, look what happened because of you!" I scolded him, but he only chuckled and leaned down to press a light kiss to my cheek. "I love you, too, honey." he said with a very strong American accent to which I only shook my head. "I'm sure the wine will enhance the flavour of the tomatoes." Leslie commented with a smirk next to me and then congratulated Harry on his excellent American accent.

"Don't encourage him!" I hissed very loudly and threw a look in Harry's direction who was watching us with a smug grin on his face. "Don't worry, honey, I'll only use it for special occasions." he tried to assure me and Ed, Leslie and her husband all burst out laughing when I swatted him away like an annoying fly. "I'll go and talk to someone who actually wants me." Harry declared loudly and stalked off, but not without adding in quietly in Ed's direction "She'll come back to me, she can't resist my charm and my good looks." Shaking my head at his childish behaviour, I continued to eat my delicious food, while I chatted with Ed, my two American friends and Ben, Sara and Jacki who I also remembered from the few times that I had met Harry's friends. 

Suddenly there was a loud bang inside which made everyone jump and we all tried to figure out what had happened. A few seconds later, Grimmie stepped outside with a wide grin, followed by Harry and two laughing girls who I didn't know. One of them was clinging onto Harry's arm, leaving me with a bitter taste in my mouth, but I tried to shake it off because I didn't want to be THAT kind of girlfriend. 

Harry somehow must have noticed my gaze because he send me a wink, before he accepted a drink which Ellen was handing him. Grimmie, in the meanwhile, was making his round and shook everyone's hands or pulled people he knew a bit better into a hug. When he reached my end of the table, he gave both me and Ed a hug, before he made Ed, Ben and Sara scoot over so that he could sit down, as well.